Watching battles in camera view post-update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shark Bait, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Could someone please explain to me how to watch the battle replays in camera view after the update. I can no longer access the log from my town while in camera view.

Thanks

2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

This was "fixed" in the update. Door closed for the moment. A not so popular update. :)

3. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Thanks for the info. That is very disappointing. That was a very cool feature I really enjoyed. I am bummed the update took it away. Oh well, I guess the Halloween theme is cool...while it lasts. There is always hope for the next update.

4. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Nothing like that happens by accident. My guess is that it took a fair amount of load, and they stepped back from that to improve overall gameplay. Can only hope they provide some sort of post battle cam views later on.

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I would be even more disappointed if they were removing content to help remedy their lack of server space. I can't believe a successful company like Rovio would not lease/own enough server space to host all modules of this game.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This wasn't considered content, but rather a problem. Even though it was a cool workaround for us, it might have resulted in other issues, so it was deleted. Chris then said this about it:

7. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I don't like the fact I never even tried it before it got removed. Looks like I shall go on wanting.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It was pretty fun, and for replays too

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

I loved it for replays. But I'm willing to sacrifice it if it was for the greater good of the game.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@ll DarkZero ll I got to try it once. Don't watch unless you want to miss it like the rest of us:

note: the lag in the first few seconds of battle was my computer's fault, not the replay.

Personally, I don't see how leaving it in could have caused any problems. It was rock solid every time I used it. The only possible downside was having the log book icons onscreen in 3D mode may be less "pretty" than it should've been.

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Well that was interesting, I feel sorry for the guys in the Outhouse trying to take a dump and got lit up Bonnie and Clyde style. There was also a 53 Rank difference there and at that level there should have been plenty within 50.

12. Dan [Midoki]

Dan [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

It's always been our intention to extend PlunderCam to other areas of the game. All I can say is... watch this space! ;)

Gangrene Beard, Kelani and Bear like this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

*drools* watching!

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No kidding. I'm bookmarking this thread.

@ll DarkZero ll I so wanted to get that outhouse shot, alas, it was empty. All I managed to catch was the guy hiding in a builder's hut. :) Not sure what you're saying about the rank difference. Cheerful Chuck's a quest battle, not pvp.

15. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Lol nevermind then, I thought it was a pvp battle, I've left all the strongholds alone so the names of them don't jump out at me. I've had some laughs on some of the players names, my favorite name I've seen so far is . Just .

16. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

We are also planning on adding a camera to the outhouses! halloween_confusedhalloween_confusedhalloween_confused

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  17. Caught the First Mate red-handed inside the outhouse. [haha] . Hilarious!

18. You mean the outhouse in Midoki office right?

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  19. Lkkwus

Lkkwus Crew

Damn didn't even know this was available ?!? Looks really cool ! Hope they bring it back

20. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Have to say in this thread how absolutely outstanding the graphics, and animation are. Quality work!