Battle points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryanlittle13, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Ryanlittle13

Ryanlittle13 Powder Monkey

Battle points are exremely hard to rack up in large amounts. And it's kind of angering me bc I can't upgrade without the battle points. I only have 650 battle points and I have 2500 exploration points. I have decided to completely drop my rank to zero and attack lower people just for battle point but then I'm not plundering any gold or grog. Can you make it so you get more battle points after attacking?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

You can attack big fish on the exploration map for great battle points.

3. Ryanlittle13

Ryanlittle13 Powder Monkey

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

No problem.

5. placo

placo Crew

I have the same problem. I need 15k for my max LVL academy. I have 7600 right now but need about 700 more attack wins to get there. Does only the big fish give points? I just had a voyage and attacked and killed 8 enemies in one shot and got 0 battle points.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Big fish give the best. Sometimes the serpents will give BP, but it's almost guaranteed with the big fish. sometimes you wont get BP and you will get loot.

7. Jun

Jun First Mate

Yeah, this scrounging for BP is going to end up breaking the economy. As it stands, right now I have to drop rank to destroy the little PH 1s quickly. If you imagine 15,000 / 20 bp = 750, and say maybe I get 1/3 of it from big fish hunting, then I need to destroy 500 beginners. Each time I do that I can't help but wonder if someone will quit because of the pummeling so early in the game.

BP should at least reflect PH vs PH battles. That's the easiest way imo.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree that it needs some balancing.

9. Floki

Floki Captain

Have your ship out all the time and plunder as much as you can and the rest takes care of itself.

10. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

I heard improvements towards BP balancing are on the way!

11. Olli

Olli Powder Monkey

thumbs up! :)

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yay!

13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Right after I upgrade Acd 6? Nice. So what your saying is i'll get some of that BP back? :cool: Hehehe

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I wouldn't expect it. Lol

15. Jun

Jun First Mate

Ghost ship giving 40,000 grog after a 16hr voyage, wiping out 45 crew / 65 sent is just sad :(

16. Floki

Floki Captain

^^Look on the bright side its a few more squares uncovered and one more quest notch in your sword...that's not a metaphor.:rolleyes:

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Maybe you should plunder with a different crew.