Midoki: Please explain Witch Doctor Range and Damage Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashraman, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

The Witch Doctor does not attack anything, so what do these stats refer to? Damage might refer to damage done by raised skeletons using Second Chance, and Range to the range within which skeletons may be raised, but if so the WD skill tree purchaseable range improvements do not seem to do anything noticeable.

Rumor has it that at one time in an earlier build, the WD had a weak ranged attack like the Witch in CoC. If so, these stats are misleading artifacts and the +1 range skill tree skills useless.

Midoki, please clarify.I don't want to spend grog on completely useless skills, and on particular I don't want to make my already extremely expensive 40k WD an even more expensive 45k for no improvement.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I have concerns about the Witch Doctor too. And the devs seem hesitant to discuss the workings of any of the troops.

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

The only thing I know is that range affects the range of the shield. However, the resurrect range seems limited, and doesn't seem to improve with upgrades. It is also a bit buggy at times, with skeletons that are right next to my WD at times not resurrecting.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. It needs some tweaking. My problem with the lack of official word on the pirates is that we can't really know if a behavior is a bug or the intended behavior. If this is the witch doctors intended behavior then he is an awful troop.

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The range stat relates to the size of the dome he creates when protecting.

As already pointed out he doesn't have an attack; the damage stat is a typo.

Apologies for the confusion.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks for the clarification! But what about the range of the resurrection skill? Is that a bug or intended?

7. Jun

Jun First Mate

Can you tell us about the resurrected skeletons' stats? They have quite high hp!

8. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Not an admin but to answer some questions here as best II can:
    Resurrection is within the inner circle of the shield, not outer.
    Range can be improved with upgrades, look down the chart.
    As about protection can be improved.

Warning: Resurrection weakens the power of the shield. Use it wisely.

9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

What about the 2 toughness boosts that can and I believe should be skipped. Can anybody confirm that the tough boost affects the skeletons. If not those are terrible upgrades.

10. Burnz

Burnz Captain

So is the typo "Damage" meant to be "Protection" or absorption or something like that? So it protects 15 damage per shot every time someone is inside it's shields range?

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yes

12. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thanks Bear

13. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

Does the range of the witch doctor just affect protection shield or does it also affect area where resurrection is possible?

14. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Do multiple With Doctor's defense buff stack with one another. Does a troop under the protection of two Witch Doctors have double the damage reduction or no?

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

16. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks for the link.

18. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

19. Jun

Jun First Mate

Anything about the range affecting resurrection and the hp increase affecting skeletons? (I doubt it for both..)

20. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I agree