Attack/Defensive Log vanishes

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Kelani, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Several times, I've been invaded while asleep, and the event was not recorded in my defensive log. Also, any events that are recorded in Attack or Defensive log usually disappear within 12-24 hours. I realize that activity's probably supposed to expire after a certain time, but is there any way to lengthen how long it's retained? The quick vanish makes it difficult for those of us who stop playing long enough to sleep to use the revenge feature.

While you're at it, can you lengthen the time before the "Where'd you go?" popup appears? Due to all the waiting in this game, it's natural to do something else for a few minutes. It's a bit annoying to keep clicking that and have to sit through the game loading screen.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We have a problem with disc space at the moment, so many fights are taking place, and so many replays to be saved off. We have ordered three new drives and are waiting for them to come online, hopefully Monday. And so in the mean time, although not ideal, we have to periodically wipe all the replays and hence the logbook to keep everything running.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Razor

Razor Crew

Hey @Chris [Midoki] which countries do you have servers in, or is there just one in the UK

4. Admin [Midoki]

There's definitely more than one. They're spread out globally

5. Razor

Razor Crew

Which countries though?

6. hi chris is it at all possible to retain just the log entry (no replay) for the last 1 to 3 defenses? the attack log can be fully cleared but the defensive log is key to understanding how your base is doing. i tend to get attacked mostly at night and by the time i log in for the morning i can see i was attacked (buildings are leveled) but i can't see how i actually did in those defenses. furthermore it make it such that you cannot revenge anyone who has attacked you.

7. Admin [Midoki]

Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem going forward. Part of the maintenance this morning was to bring a whole set of new drives online which should give us the storage space we need for the foreseeable future

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  8. well that is an even better answer :D. thanks chris.

btw @Razor i don't think they are going to want to give out details about their server locations.

9. Floki

Floki Captain

I also note that guild and personal points are not accurate in the top 200!

10. Admin [Midoki]

They're currently just refreshing

Floki likes this.
  11. Floki

Floki Captain

In my log there are no guild rankings at the moment?

12. Soma

Soma Powder Monkey

As far as the attack/defense logs cleared again I would like to ask you @Chris [Midoki] : is it possible to retain (especially) the defense logs?
    Will that time come when it won't be deleted?

13. Admin [Midoki]

This is just a side effect of a limited hard drive space. We're working on a better solution where only the older fight data gets removed rather than everything.

Soma likes this.
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Since text doesn't take much space, could you provide text only data and remove the replay button for all but the last two or three defenses(limited to a day or two timeframe)?

15. Soma

Soma Powder Monkey

I agree with @Gangrene Beard, it would be a good solution for all of us (I hope).

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  16. Admin [Midoki]

It's a little more difficult to split the information up into 'what to draw', 'what not to draw' in different circumstances. To be honest we'd rather just fix the problem properly than come up with more code that allows for different scenarios.

We understand it is frustrating, and it is being worked on