Location of Winter Wonderland map events? (Ice Ship, Festive Fish, Santa's Ship)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Arr, Dec 17, 2014.

1. c2013554

c2013554 Powder Monkey

Oh! Yes, Festive Fish is replacement for disappeared 1* Giant Crab.

From Midoki:

The Festive Fish is a known issue which sadly didn't show up during testing due to affecting only a specific sub-set of players. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be sorted this side of Christmas as it requires quite a substantial and tricky fix - the quests will be around for a fair few weeks yet though.

We can't find any issue with the Santa or Ice Ships - as far as we can tell, people are being thrown a bit because they both have much longer respawn timers than previous and existing events (up to days rather than minutes/few hours max), plus it seems that some people are missing the Santa ship because either they've not uncovered his location on the map yet, or because from a distance it looks like a little barge (we'll have to make his ship more conspiculously fabulous next year!). The testers are still looking into it though, and we're making notes and listening to feedback on how to improve future events.

Again, apologies to all those who are affected, hopefully we should have a fix soon!

2. whitney

whitney Crew

I still have not seen a Santa ship at the location mentioned multiple times above. Did it move? :(

3. yeti

yeti Captain

Definitely a problem with the santa ship too. That spot was clear well before the update and still no sign :(

4. porrig

porrig Crew

I found my first Santa Ship at B7, not D7 like many others seemed to have. I've had 5 ice ships so far, waiting for the 6th one to reappear. No festive fish, and I'm at 80% explored.

5. yeti

yeti Captain

Ooh, I got excited then and rushed off to check the new location on the map...alas, that one is nothing but clear water, too o_O Thanks, anyway!

porrig likes this.
  6. Cherrywyne

Cherrywyne Powder Monkey

No fish and no Santa ship for me, either. D7 clear.

7. porrig

porrig Crew

My second santa ship has just appeared at
    G2

Reckon that's taken approx 24 hours since I killed it yesterday.

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Seeing as how I probably won't be seeing a festive fish, would someone please post a picture of it?

Tikigirl likes this.
  9. Capt No Beard

Capt No Beard Powder Monkey

Never seen a Festive Fish. Have defeated 3 Santa Ships and 2 Ice Ships, 86% map complete. No Festive Fish. This is a joke??

10. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

A Midoki rep posted after the update that it had discovered a bug that caused Festive Fish not to appear for "some people" (e.g., almost everyone). Supposedly there was going to be a fix...

11. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

Idk if u just started playing ex: Me, u see the festive fish very close to your starting island
    i've already beat it 8 times.

12. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

We have a guild with 50 people all of whom are PH7, a LINE guild chat group, and our own forum website. No one has seen a Festive Fish in my guild.

13. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

Well then....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  14. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

The beard on the festive fish is kinda scary. I don't like it. They should have gone with just the Santa hat.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Never found any festive fish myself either. Now that I've seen a picture of it, I'm a little disappointed...I imagined it would be red and green striped and maybe have some twinkling Christmas lights on its tail...

Kelani likes this.