Refresh time of leaderboards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Hakjka, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Hi all,

Has anyone tracked the refresh time for the leaderboards.

British Bulldogs accidentally went above our 101 rank today (sorry to any guild affected) and we showed on top 100 leaderboard with a + 4 next to our name. Then a few hours later we had increased rank further (again by total mistake honest) and we stayed at the same position and rank number but there was a = sign next to our name.

Is there a thread (i have searched) or anyone who knows the answer to how the leaderboards refresh works?

Captain Hakjka

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

No, but from my observations it's a representation of 24-hour average movement.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea its not very accurate since it doesn't update very often. Maybe a Midoki employee could tell us how often it updates? Every hour would be great :)

4. Arr

Arr Captain

The refresh takes a few hours. Anyone from [Midoki]? I second having a refresh on the hour.

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

6. Captain Hakjka

Thanks guys we all seam to be in the same boat (or ship) some magic (dam voodoo) updates it at a point in time unknown likely 24 hours or less

-- sleeping beasts hear Edwards call and let us know the truth

Edward Kenway likes this.
  7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

It seems to update every hour or two, but not with the current rankings. I remember watching myself update, but to what my rank was an hour previous. I could find no logic or pattern to it.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  8. Captain Hakjka

Thanks Salty, i wonder if we will get a answer from the devs on this or if the mystery will remain?

I wasn't timing it but it appeared to take 4 hours earlier then 2 hours - either i lost track of time or refresh is variable. Also saw the same as you that rank was higher than shown upon the leaderboard when updated so looks like it does take a snapshot at a given time and waits a while before it gets published.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The same thing happens, albeit a bit quicker, with player island updates. People are always changing their base, then asking me to check it, and it takes a while before those changes appear. Same with their rank changes.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This one is simple - if both the island owner and you log out and then back in, the new layout will be visible.

Kelani, Edward Kenway and Salty Snack like this.
  11. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hi

We're going to have a look at the refresh rates and do a quick test where we'll halve the current refresh times. Lets see how that goes :)

12. Captain Hakjka

Thanks Chris
    thanks Chris ))

13. TBird

TBird Captain

But, did that answer how often it happens?
    Right up there with how team scoring is figured out :)

14. Captain Hakjka

I assumed they don't know ! Voodoo magic lol