Regarding the Placement/Stacking Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

Just to consolidate all the different conversations regarding this bug:
    They reached out to me regarding how this bug is done, and I have informed them and they now know how to reproduce it.

They will not be able to fix it in time for the upcoming update (as you can expect, since it is already sent off), but they will try to get it out in time for the following update!

Cheers to a quick response by the Midoki team :)

John Williams, SaK, TBird and 2 others like this.
  2. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Quick response? This was reported weeks ago.

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

Reported the incidence, but the method wasn't. They didn't know how to stop it, and prior to the past few hours it looked to be mostly accidental.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You figured it out in what, 15mins? You'd think game developers would have weeks ago. It was ignored until the cancer spread, and now it's a big mess.

5. Well, It's just happened to me so it does look like a bug that can be exploited. I swear I've done nothing but collect from producers, a voyage ends and my ship ends up 180 degrees from where it's supposed to be. It's not photoshopped and I haven't tried anything. Here's how my island looks right now:

[​IMG]

It could of at least cover the gate. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers. Although apparently, they can.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. SaK

SaK First Mate

totally agree with you...im sure midoki knows that glitch way before than anybody but didnt spread it out...now its really a cancer and they cant escape

7. Jun

Jun First Mate

Kingharry, it is my opinion that fixing bugs is just a matter or priority. It is like researching the cure for a disease.
    1) How prevalent is it?
    2) How much damage does it cause?
    3) How much resources does it take to fix the problem?

I had actually posted on this a long time ago as well, before there was a base edit mode.
    http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-mortar-voodoo-hut-fusion.888/

My thought is that Midoki originally thought this was a rare mistake, and so didn't invest much time into finding out the root of the problem. Or perhaps they already fixed it, but it was so rare I couldn't tell.

When you posted your case on Dec 30th, similar thing. Their thoughts? Maybe something like, "Just one person with this stacked building, lets keep an eye on it," They might have alerted the developers, who are away on vacation, and busy working on the new content and the other bugs of the holiday patch.

Now, 3 weeks later, over the span of 24 hours suddenly many people are using this bug. Their response? The admin has been online for much more than their usual time responding to people. Their team is SMALL, and so perhaps they weren't able to recreate the bug as some of us were able to. So without knowing what was broken, they weren't able to fix it.

Once I shared with them how the bug was done, 15 minutes later Lynsey comes back on to say that they are actively addressing the problem, won't have the fix in time for this update, but will for the following update in two weeks.

On top of this, they already have a plan in place (warning the players currently using the bug) to alleviate the problem BEFORE the 2nd patch arrives. Because they care about the current state of affairs as well but have to work within the limits of their company and Apple.

I hope this gives you a more comprehensive view of the situation here. Give them the benefit of your doubt.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

As always @Jun , well spoken.

9. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

As always @@Jun , well spoken.

10. Midoki team needs more great messages like this. I approve this message!

11. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Sorry, Jun, but your speach is bunch of patencies.
    Their team is SMALL as you say and obviously POOR. Having nothing from over 5 million players, they definitely can't hire enough professionals to be in time and elovle.
    Actually Midoki don't need your advocacy, they are just fine. This is you who will have problems with spreading unbeatable islands (units stuck on em) long next weeks.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  12. primolabo

primolabo Powder Monkey

can someone explain - is it possible to attack and demolish both buildings when they are stacked? I've just come across a player with a ship combined with a PH. can I win this fight?

13. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Mostly units puzzle by such a base and stuck. Their AI is not ready for such a mess. I won one but I've lost 5 and stopped trying. Look, my troops took out the ship, but they just couldn't see cannon in it, they left it alone )
    [​IMG]

14. primolabo

primolabo Powder Monkey

thanks, barbed! I will pass that one then :)

Captain Monkey likes this.
  15. Burnz

Burnz Captain

16. Arr

Arr Captain

So does Winner from PU. It's one thing to replicate the bug for testing and reporting, or even just to play around... but another to completely integrate the bug into your layout.

Here's an impromtu video for Winner's base (first mate, PU):

Here's lobo's base (first mate, PU):

Just bad taste and reflects poorly on the guild. I'm not judging PU, but the Captain and the the other Mates should be all over this. I'd come down hard on my team if they started glitching.

17. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Hey arr, that's a cute avatar, love it.

Arr likes this.
  18. this guild have no honor most of the members not all

19. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

So just to clarify, people are actually discussing two different issues here.

The first overlapping reports, and this is pre the base editor, was a bug in the code that was fixed as soon as it was reported.

What players are seeing now is an exploit within the base editor. Since its report we have been investigating the issue and this is also now fixed. As most of you know we currently have an update with Apple and so it obviously can't make it into that one, but the fix will be in the one after that.

In the short term though, as we realise it is spoiling the gaming experience for other users, we have sent a message to each of the players using the exploit asking them to refrain from doing it in the future, and we have re-arranged their islands so that there are no longer any overlapping buildings. Should they keep doing it we will take further action.

Hopefully this will be an end of it and we can get back to playing fairly.