Midoki it's time to explain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Resarf

Resarf Captain

For months now, there have been several but one player in particular sitting on over 2000.

The island has remained unchanged, a message of happy new year.

This island would be very easy to attack and win, yet mysteriously his rank has not changed.

Even if he is buying shields, there is cooldown.

I wondered if he had found a way to be always online, but now that we have profile view, I can see last online 21 hours ago, so he isn't doing that.

Allowing a player to do this to obviously flaunt some flaw and taking no action Midoki makes me question spending any money on this game.

So perhaps you can explain how this is possible and legal. Or if anyone else knows, I'd be interested.

He is 2015 right now, easy to remember given the happy new year message.

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

He is idle and nobody can attack him because nobody will find him...because i think (from the knowledge of COC, dont know if it works same way here or not) u can attack+200-200 above and below ur PR.

if it is so, means as nobody is in range of 200 PR he has no fear of getting attacked.

midoki can confirm this...thow.

3. TBird

TBird Captain

Resarf
    If you want to get someone to answer, you need to tag them like this
    @Chris [Midoki] , @Lynsey [Midoki] , @AngryBeard , @Sir Bugsalot

Maybe they can get you an answer

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm just wondering how he got that high to begin with, as it would have been hard to find him to fight/lose to if he never shows up, even if he was pushed, and given his defensive victories this seems likely how he gained it?

5. Resarf

Resarf Captain

If thats the case who was he attacking to get that high?

6. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

7. Virus

Virus First Mate

Exactly. This is also what i wanna know. Besides that is nr 1,2,3,4,5,7

8. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

If we knew everything God knows, then he wouldn't be God. (Can't remember who to attribute quote.)

9. SaK

SaK First Mate

maybe if u so high and if u have no player within the range of -200 then the sytem searches for the nearest lower player and in this case the second or third player!
    so he can attack anybody lower than him and without being attacked because those player lower than him have range players because they have many players around them but in his case NOBODY!

best reply of ur question IMO

10. Virus

Virus First Mate

Yeah but how did he get up so high?
    1 pr per attack is a hell of a lot attacks and no possibility to lose 1 because its down 25 immediately

11. SaK

SaK First Mate

just assumption..guessing! no clue other than that
    fact is he has reached an impossible rank which is unbeatable and unreachable!
    only midoki knows

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd guess he got up that high through a combination of rank boosting and using the "keep all troops after an attack" bug.

I always thought the matching at upper levels had no cap, i.e. once you passed a certain point, it was a free-for-all, but this guy is making it seem like he's somehow managed to rank himself out of the pool of matches. If he is using some kind of anti-idle timeout utility, I'd hope Midoki would be tracking such things, and banning accordingly.

Hopefully Midoki will tell us what's really going on here.

13. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

It's @AngryBeard's base and he is laughing at you. :D

Sigrid, Kawika and SaK like this.
  14. Kawika

Kawika Crew

My thoughts exactly. It's a Midoki plant.

It's the fake rabbit we all chase after but will never catch. Nothing personal, it's just business! :D

15. TBird

TBird Captain

I did see a base the other day named @Lynsey [Midoki]
    Almost attacked it, but thought better of it

Sigrid, Rachael and Kelani like this.
  16. I don't usually chime in on the Midoki bashing threads but I thought I'd add my 2p.

There's been a lot of complaints as of late about various things. I have my own opinions about them as does everyone else but as Midoki have said time and time again, they can't please everyone.

The guys in the top 4 however have clearly taken advantage of the game mechanics. There's a lot of speculation but my guess would be that they gained rank through a combined effort of friends ranking up and surrendering when they got to their base. A few people call this cheating where others (mainly the guilty ones) call it "taking advantage of the games weaknesses" (I'm looking at you Green). My take on this is that regardless of what you call it, it is not the way the game was intended to be played and I consider it to be wrong.

What I don't understand is that Midoki have shown in the past they can alter PR and even whole bases if they wish. During the stacking bug they repeatedly demonstrated this ability. If it's that easy why not do it now? It doesn't have to be as brutal as it was with the stacking bug. A message to the player warning them that in 10 days their PR will be dropped so they can retain their rank but will be attacked by other players again would be fair I think. This would give them time to sort their islands out so they are defensive instead of spread out and bring us all back to an even playing field.

For me personally it has stopped me wanting to rank up. I achieved the number 1 spot in my country and wanted to have a crack at the number 1 spot in the world, like a lot of other serious players. This means I'd have to be very active in the game and most likely buy gems too which is all good for Midoki. I don't want to get to number 5 and think "It's as good as #1", I want to be sat there with no other pirate above me and look down on all your miserable corpses :D

I think Midoki have done a bang up job and I've really enjoyed the game. I'm just surprised this has gone on so long. The only thing I can think of is that the new matchmaking system will hopefully be in place soon which I'm assuming will allow us to attack everyone on a similar level to us, regardless of PR. If this is the case then I'll just hang about and wait, but I'd like to know if it is!

All the best,

Tom

SaK, Tex and Kelani like this.
  17. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Unfortunately, we will not hear from them, but that is ok to me. It is their game. What I would like to see is that they get rid of shields past a certain PR ranking, but then again, people will abuse that system.

18. We definitely won't hear back until at least Tuesday anyway as it's Easter bank holiday over here.

19. Capt.Stanley

Capt.Stanley Powder Monkey

Is it possible to reset everybody's rank? just clean up the mysterious rank up there :D

20. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Can't see this happening. Though (sort of) contrary to stuff I posted before on a deleted thread. They bought gems presumably with the intention of getting to 1. If they are manually lowered for something which likely is not a bug a lawsuit may ensue. Hope not but could see a case.

Guybrush, if you had reached no 1, spending money as you went and someone just chopped your rank how would you react? At minimum I doubt you would buy any more gems.