Didn't take long for people to make their way to PH9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Dack, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Captain Dack

Captain Dack Powder Monkey

Our guild is currently in a rumble with Red Flag Feet (can i name names - it is a fact after all) and I have been attacked twice now by RFF members with PH9's. I am PH7. How is that fair? I thought match making was supposed to be limited to one PH level higher and one PH level lower. By my count it is a two ph level indifference.

And do not get me started on how some people made their way to PH9 within four hours of the release. I wonder how that could be when it took me eight days to make it from PH6 to PH7? Oh, wait, you can buy gems to upgrade quicker. Whew, what would that cost?

This game is quickly becoming for the rich and famous guilds .... and bullies. Will I stop playing, no, but I do not mind calling a spade a spade.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

It took them 4 hours?! Slackers :p

Match making has never been fair in rumbles. Anytime you come up against one of the top guilds, and your guild is not a gemming guild, might be best to just farm and not worry about the rumble. Reality of the current matching system.

Tex and Fil like this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately the 'Rumble Rival' code (which increases your chance of being matched against someone from a guild you're Rumbling against) has a tendency to overrule the standard matchmaking with the -/+1 PH level rule. It's something that we're aware of and are looking to fix.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. Captain Dack

Lynsey, it is always a pleasure to have you respond. If i may pester you one last time on this issue (because this is not the first time I have posted about the injustice of the match making) we are currently 45 members but only 20-25 take part in the rumbles. if we drop our dead weight will we be matched against like guilds or will we still be matched with guilds with 50 pirates?

And you are right Spongee. I have a 12 hours shield and I will ride it out till the end of the rumble. I am not contributing any more to their coffers. If I break shield and attack I open myself to the bullies again. On principle I always skip the ph 5 islands. I only attack ph 6's if after 10 skips I do not find a ph 7.

If there really are 5 million pirates playing this game then really the match making should be on the same ph level. There should be enough at each level to make a go of it.

5. Yup, I gemmed it. Why? Because everything else is maxed and it would mean not being able to start upgrading for about 15 days (gold storage upgrades and then pirate hall). Cost me about £15 and now I can enjoy playing again for the next 2 weeks. The only thing I will gem from now on is speeding up troop recruitment. Plus, Midoki have to make their money some way don't they? I'm not rich by any standard but I do enjoy the game and don't mind spending a bit on it every now and then.

Also in regards to rumbles. I'm pretty sure you can still get a lot of BP with lower PH levels? Plus you have the added benefit of cheaper/quicker recruiting times so I think your guild should actually be at an advantage over mine (RFF). In true pirate fashion and to punish you I shall smash your island in to tiny little pieces =D

Tex, Sd210, Blueberry and 4 others like this.
  6. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

We never crossed paths @Captain Dack , but we don't like getting lower PH Lvl opponents as much as you don't like getting higher PH Lvl opponents. When someone pops up as a rival player there is that 25% bp bonus for attacking. Now attacking a lower lvl ph we don't get as much BP, but with the bonus it sorta make up the difference. We aren't trying to be bullies, just trying to win the rumble. When you hit next and the same name pops up 4 or 5 times it does get annoying so sometimes you just attack it to get it out of the way.

Sd210, RumDaddy, Blueberry and 4 others like this.
  7. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

I also gemmed it for the same reason, to get a jump on the hundreds of upgrades that follows.

Ian likes this.
  8. Also Dack. Without trying to be rude, you really do have to be in it to win it. You've only attacked 3 times in the past 12 hours. Admittedly I haven't attacked much yet today but I'm not the one moaning :p

Sd210, Ian, holashorty and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately at the moment the Rumble matchmaking is a bit too eager to throw people into a fight - the way it's intended to work is that it first looks at guild size and average PH level, but if it doesn't find a match expands to include guilds that may be slightly smaller or have a slightly different PH average. If it's still short of guilds, then it eventually widens the search even further. Unfortunately at the moment it doesn't wait long enough, and expands the search almost immediately.

We're currently testing the new matchmaking, so hopefully will soon have a better solution for all guilds, both large and small. However, it will still be looking at guild size/PH level, so if you have a lot of inactive/non-battling players, they will still be taken into account during matchmaking.

We're also looking at balancing the BP rewards across the different Pirate Halls to combat the issue of lower level PH players being able to earn more BP in the same time due to their shorter recruitment times.

10. Hei, guys I've been wondering how does the PH9 work? I mean does it work just like other defenses and do you think it looks better than the previous one ?

11. Fil

Fil Captain

I, for one, enjoy hitting every PH1 (or 2 or 3 or 4 etc) that I come across in a rumble. I find it entertaining to see how much I can accomplish with a single gunner.

12. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Most folks like the way rumble is on allowing you to attack multiple levels of PH. You earn less BP. Right now PH9 folks only get 20bp for attacking a PH8 rival.

13. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

@fireball346 So the new PH is a defense that has to be re-armed. It's 100k to rearm. Also there is a range option where you can select long range at lv 8 damage or short range at lvl 12 damage.

14. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Powder Monkey

I'm sorry you feel this way about our guild Captain Dack but we are a really close guild enjoying the game so much. We have gone so far with our progress because we work hard for it whether it be gemming or plain waiting because eventually you wait more than you gem. We are not bullies we just got matched up with you and will continue to play the game as we would with any other guild. Please don't try to put us down by complaining about some of our members getting PH9 already because in the end they paid for it with their hard earned money and you did not. Thank you.

BB-8, James Munro, cmooneey and 4 others like this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Captain Dack by dropping 'Dead Weight' members, am guessing you are talking about kicking members who sit under a shield and don't contribute to a rumble? Hhmmm. 14.5hrs into a rumble and you have contributed 0BP to your team with only 3 failed attacks. Guess that puts you close to the front of the queue.

As for getting hit regularly; if your going to play this game get used to it, as over 600PR everyone gets hit daily (sometimes more) by the same individuals. Just break shield and move on..

Everybody has known about these issues since day one and midoki are working towards it. But I agree with @Spongee, if your not up for the challenge, just get on with farming. You only have just over 9hrs left. ;)

16. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

keep in mind that it is those who spend money on gems that give incentive for midoki to continue spending their resources and assets on updating and improving the game #cashisking

17. Captain Dack

Blackbeard if you are RFF we have crossed paths because you hit one of my accounts today and Guybrush hit the other. Both of are ph7 both of you are ph9. I always respected your guild and it's postings on this forum and thought you guys were class acts (and you still are) but I always have had a problem with bullies...whether they play within the game rules or not. Damn us Canadians and our principles.

And Guybrush, being Canadian I do not take your rib as being rude at all. It takes a lot to get our goats. But you do not know me or know my circumstances. Those three attacks were revenges on the ph8's that attacked me in our last rumble yesterday. Sure I got creamed by their level 8 defenses and I expected to. But they were bullies and I stand up to bullies. Rest assured you will be getting a visit from me when my shield is gone :rolleyes: and I am sure you will clean my clock with your level 9 defenses. Sure it will open me for more attacks but i will be attacked anyway so why not go down fighting? Also, I opted out of this rumble to ride my shields so i can save up to go to ph 8. I have been taken for 4 million over the past two rumbles and like the snail who climbs up the wall two inches during the day and falls back one at night I eventually will make it there. I do not have the disposable income (15 pound sterling = $30 CDN) to gem my way to ph8 so I have to do it the old fashioned way.

Last word! If you attack me when I am ph8 i won't moan at all because that is within the realm of what we were told about the current matchmaking. Plus or minus one ph level. I did not sign up for someone two ph's above me to clean my clock. See you tomorrow :cool:

18. Fair play! To be honest my defence layout sucks at the moment. Everyone seems to win haha

19. Captain Dack

And Ian you are right - I am leading the pack - in wins and bp for my team. Well my alter ego second account is. Must be the Gemini in me. My alter ego second account has nothing to lose and nothing to save for and never sits under a shield. Hmmm. I guess you could call him Mr. Hyde and he will be knocking on Blackbeards door tomorrow. Bwaaahaaahaaaa.

Ian and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  20. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

How can you be a bully for hitting targets in a rumble incentivized by midoki? The goal is bp, and you get extra bp for hitting rumble rivals. And every rumble I get paired with rival after rival that I can wipe out. Many of them are premature 7s and 8s. But I go for maxed 8s as well. Personally, I don't hit below ph 7 simply because I want the high bp. The bp reward is too small for me to hit below a 7. Now turn the table and second accounts like you mention are a big problem. A guild of ph2s can whip a guild of maxed ph 8s. Even 2-5 ph 2s in an otherwise mostly maxed guild can generate huge bp very quickly. The reality is that rumbles are flawed, in matchmaking, bp yields, and unlimited battles. But that doesn't make us bullies. If midoki takes away the incentive to hit lower levels, then you can just use your second account to take advantage of us. At that point, you can get your milk money back.