Confirmation!!!! Finally good news about rumbles by Midoki!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fricc2174, Jul 20, 2015.

1. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

[​IMG]

I am so happy that they see an issue and are correcting it. Well done Mudoki!

Daddy P likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Umm. Hate to burst your bubble, but she has already said those same things publicly in the forums.

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Thanks for posting. Wish it said "We have changed..." instead of "We're going to be changing..."

Means probably won't be seeing the change in next update. Rumbles will only be getting worse, as more guilds start to adopt using mini's to compete. This might get ugly.

roguecylon and Daddy P like this.
  4. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

[​IMG]

Daddy P likes this.
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Thanks for info @fricc2174 . Clearest explanation I've seen. I shudder at "soon." Like @Spongee said, rumbles are already taking a nasty turn. This is a fix needed ASAP, not months from now--by then many will have abandoned rumbles. Does sound like the matchmaking improvement coming might have some positive effect on this issue.

6. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I am trying to get more info. I'll post again. She got back to me faster with the second response. Like 30 minutes

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As mentioned in the messages above (and also previously in other threads), we are looking at making changes to the Rumble scoring system. The tweaked Rumble matchmaking will be in the next update (you may see an increase in the length of time it takes to get into a Rumble, but hopefully with a better matchup as a result), but the bigger Rumble scoring change will likely be after that, due to balancing and any additional UI requirements.

Salty Snack, Bear and Daddy P like this.
  8. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Wish there was as much clarity in replies on forum posts as in the private messages here. All we ask is for clear discussion and debate, rather than ambiguity.

9. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Powder Monkey

I completely agree with being more transparent. I do, however, respect the Midoki team's position of not making promises too early.

As an Android user, with 2 1/2 months played, I have admiration for those of you who have been patient with PP's development for the past year. I'm not just excited to see game improvements, I'm also thankful for an involved Midoki crew that engage and listen to their customers.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

To be fair, there's not really anything in the PM that's not been said elsewhere in the forum, other than the matchmaking tweak with PH level distribution - and I only found that out myself yesterday (I was on holiday last week!).

850arrr and Bear like this.
  11. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

It is more the dialogue on the various options you have considered, and the pros and cons of each system. Your approach, and your direction. We appreciate candor and clarity, something that has been lacking. Of course some of us would love to have some options discussed more openly, rather than a "fix" applied. But thank you for at least sharing in some medium.