Supposed "Hacks" For Plunder Pirates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhysiX, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

Lately I've been hearing a lot of people claiming to have "hacks" for Plunder Pirates and games of the same category. I would like to point out to those people that believe that they can cheat to gain an unfair advantage in this game, are going nowhere. Please do keep in mind, this is coming from a players point of view since i am not in any way affiliated with Midoki. I have come up with a list of three reasons on why attempting in hacking this game is wrong, and how it would be near impossible.

1)The Game is Server Based
    Have you ever noticed that Plunder Pirates is an online game? Meaning, that you must have an internet connection to play the game. Stated in the games description, "*Note: A network connection is required to play. iPatch optional."
    [​IMG]
    If no data network can be found while starting up the game, you will be given a screen in which gives you an error message that reads, "No internet connection found. Please ensure that your device is connected to the internet."

What Does it Mean if a Game is Server Based?

Basically, if an application requires a data network to play (LTE, 3G, 4G, WIFI, ect.), it means that the application communicates with an online server. Online servers allow users to communicate with one another, while also storing your profile in a web based cloud.

What is iPatch?
    iPatch is an intuitive and easy to use patch-maker for Mac OS X. iPatch is an utility which can compare the resources of two applications and can produce a standalone patches to update an older version of an application to a newer version.
    2)External Hacking Applications and Jailbreaking are Ineffective
    There are a lot of external applications that claim that they can add coins, grog, and gems to your account. These are FAKE. Like stated above, this is a client to server application, meaning that whatever you do on your device (client) must happen on the games server as well. If the client and server go out of sync, you will be issued an error code.

External Hacking Applications
    External applications that claim to add gems and other resources to your account are not real. The main purpose of these applications (if it even exists) is to get free money. How? Many times, you will need to complete a long series of surveys to "unlock" the download for the specific application or even purchase it. DO NOT fall for these scams.

Fake Purchase of Gems
    iAP hacks are very popular on the cydia application store. They allow a user to "cheat" in a sense. It allows a user to attempt to purchase an item on an application without paying for it, and the user will still get what they wanted. This only works with applications that do not require an active network connection to play. Again, this method of cheating is ineffective and will not work.
    3)There is No Point, Cheating is Not Fun
    The sole purpose of playing this game is to have fun. Giving yourself an unfair advantage to a game not only defeats the purpose of having fun, but it also ruins the game for others. How does someone cheating ruin a game for other users? This game is an online multiplayer game, allowing users to attack one another. Someone that is supposedly able to have an infinite amount of troops while attacking makes it near impossible for them to defend their base.
    I hope that i may have cleared up any confusion relating to hacks on this game, for they do not exist. If they are ever to exist, however, I'm sure that Midoki will quickly figure out how to patch it.
    PLEASE NOTE: I do not condone cheating on this game or any games. All things that were provided are for educational purposes only.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Kelani and Admin [Midoki] like this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I always thought iPatch was a pirate joke

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  3. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

I did too. I decided to do a little research and found that iPatch actually exists. What a coincidence.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Nice banner too!

5. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

Thank you! Ive been trying to create pictures for my account :) just finished my profile picture about a minute ago (obviously i didn't make the pictures used though).

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

Cheating your way through a game takes away the fun and challenge......AND eventually you usually will get caught!!

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON., Goose and PhysiX like this.
  7. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

Been through it all before with "another" game. any loopholes eventually get closed and any A-Holes get booted or banned...

8. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to @PhysiX for making such a reasoned and well thought out post. I whole heartedly agree with everything said, and would like to reiterate these people make these sorts of claims to make money for themselves..... they're really not doing you as a player any favours. And ultimately, if we believe players are cheating in the game they are BANNED! No second chances, that's it. There is no way to reset the game and start again without our involvement, which obviously isn't going to be forth coming.

Goose, Ombit, PhysiX and 1 other person like this.
  9. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

PhysiX, I wish I could talk to you just about Java Programming. I'm taking a class right now and the syntax rules with Objects just seem confusing to me. I'm also taking XHTML and CSS and that seems way easier.

PhysiX likes this.
  10. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

so it seems that you are taking a class on creating web based applications?

11. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Thank you very much for sharing this stuff. I didn't this at the first but now it give me the whole clear picture. Somehow, everything can be possible.
    Cheating is always there. Making the hack tools for others to earn profits is there as well. For them, this is business not just a simple game.:)

12. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Firstly they 3rd party gem buying tools don't work, and secondly, if we get the slightest indication that players are contravening any of the guidelines set out in the 'Automatic Ban' thread, then they will be removed from the game, permanently.

13. razicakes

razicakes Powder Monkey

I disagree with your "knowledge" about this kind of games that requires an internet connection in order to run and the impossibility of hack, there are some previous known similar games where IAP free applications were working perfectly, to name only a few of them, the Zenonia series, the Simpsons, or more recently trial, and IMHO, I don't see the difference in term of fun between hacking a game to enjoy the content quicker and having the possibility to spend hundred bucks for having the same result. The problem isn't who hack and who doesn't, but this system of iap not to have sprites only but to create a disadvantage between who has the money for it and who doesn't. Where is the fun to be attacked by a player who could afford to pay for the gems, BP and EP to have some more builders available to be faster developed and make all buildings possible without ever going to attack another player even once to gain the required BP or to pay for the shields to play on his side in peace. Hacks are and will always be a part of the player versus player online gaming, and no anti hack policies will ever change this.

Barbed likes this.
  14. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

great job on thread bumping an old post. and what? what are you talking about.
    Plus your "rude"

15. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

I bet most of those hacks were on android and since PP isnt on android yet it doesnt suffer from many types of hacks with iOS.

16. razicakes

razicakes Powder Monkey

First, I don't have a clue of where you saw I was being rude, just realistic, it's facts, nothing else. Second, iap free, iap cracker, iap crazy, are iOS apps, get Informed please before coming in underground scene talks. And honestly, PP doesn't need to be released on android to attract hacks, the iap system does it by itself. Please do talk only if you have anything more interesting to say, instead of coming and trying to take down someone without knowing anything :) I'm usually not the kind who dig on old posts, but when I see all this nonsense with people in the end lacking of experience in this domain, I can't help to stop by and correct it. My purpose was never to troll, but to not leave false informations like this.

P.S there is an edit link on the bottom left part of your posts to avoid double posts ;)

Barbed likes this.
  17. Disagree with who the thread poster or replies? elaborate thank you.

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Very nice post. You are absolutely correct about all of that. The only thing I can add is, these client/server communications are most likely pretty well encrypted, which makes it even more unlikely someone's going to be able to sneak anything into the data stream.

p.s. I love the .sig! No idea why :D

19. Yeah I wonder why you like his siggy. Hmmmmm;)

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There's just something about it that...speaks to me. :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.