Coming up in Plunder Pirates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy you scurvy lot! A few of you are wondering what's coming up in the next couple of updates, so here's what you can expect over the next month*:

Update I:

New scoring system for Rumbles: As mentioned in other threads, this will be completely separate from BP or any other currency. There will be a much steeper scoring curve, taking into account the increased recruiting time and tougher battles higher level Pirate Hall players face. EDIT: Just to clarify, you'll still be getting BP when fighting in Rumbles, and you'll even still be getting your extra 25% for fighting a Rumble Rival. ;)

Rumble Matchmaking tweak: With the new scoring, we'll be relaxing the Rumble Matchmaking which will reduce matching times

A couple of new unannounced features

Various bug fixes:
    Including but not limited to an issue where sometimes the bomber couldn't be resurrected (which could also cause inaccurate replays), fixes to make chat more stable when moving between guilds, and a few Rumble leaderboard and stat bugs.

Update II:

New Exploration Map
    New Exploration Quests

Various bug fixes

Seasonal related content

* All being well

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Thank you Lynsey for the advance notification.

3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Someone is Fishing for "likes".

But I can't wait for the #2 update

4. i have been waiting on a new map - this is great news

5. bucket

bucket First Mate

Awesome. I am really looking forward to the new exploration map and the rumble point system. Thanks Lynsey.

6. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Seasonal content.....so excited! Pumpkins? Frakenbrute????

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Alas, it won't be quite as extensive as last year's content as we've been focused on getting the second map done (it takes a lot of work to both put it in and take it out, so we focused on the permanent content).

Oh, and I forgot to add for the second update - the Quartermaster rank should (finally!) be making an appearance. Quartermasters will have similar powers to Captains - they can start Rumbles, change message of the day, and tweak some guild settings.

EDIT: Unfortunately it looks like Quartermaster won't make it into the second update, but hopefully the update after that!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  8. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Quartermasters will be a welcome relief for overburdened Captains. Can't wait!

9. Sounds AWESOME! Can't wait for the seasonal content.

How about errands with chests or common materials?

Cocobean likes this.
  10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Can you not just use the code from last years Halloween?

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Not that simple unfortunately! Quite apart from anything else, there's been a huge number of changes to the game both client and server side that'd affect year-old code, including two extra pirate hall levels and associated new buildings and levels that would need spooky modelling!

Capt Drowns and Bear like this.
  12. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Does new map mean new ship?

Morgan Ford likes this.
  13. my devious scurvy and plunderful hope as well.

Thanks Lynsey!

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Plus, all those pumpkins would be well past their expiration date by now.

Capt Drowns, Bear, bucket and 2 others like this.
  15. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I don t need pumpkin designs and frankenbrutes....just wanna see some cute animals swimming in the waters around my island. :p:D

16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I thought that might be the case, if it was as simple as that it would have been great. Last year the decorations looked great, really spooky.

17. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Thanks for doing this...

18. yeti

yeti Captain

Tyvm for communicating this on the forum :)

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

[​IMG]

20. Souki

Souki Powder Monkey

Thanks Lynsey for the information.