Coming up in Plunder Pirates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 1, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Do we need to upgrade our ship? Or will the current level take us there?

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You'll need a level 3 ship to access the Eastern Seas.

Ultimate Sea Dog and Cocobean like this.
  3. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Do you have a date for the update? Or are we just keeping our fingers crossed for the game to go into maintenance?

MMONSTER likes this.
  4. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Not sure you should imply snuggles between Captains and first mates for the Quartermaster....lol

5. Naso Literatus

Naso Literatus Powder Monkey

well, I hope the update comes soon! our guild stopped rumbling until the new rumble system has arrived. Last rumbles were not fun with all the mini's. In fact a few members stopped buying gems to see how it developes after the update(s) and then decide if they continue with the game. Too bad.... It is really a good and fun game! To be honest, I also bought no gems the last 1,5 month while I believe in supporting games that are fun to play, just like you buy a normal console game in the store.

Souki likes this.
  6. MMONSTER

MMONSTER Powder Monkey

They made it on the announce of LP. I wish they could do the same in the coming updates......

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

Since they have to rely on apple accepting the update, it would be hard for them to give an official date before that, but I'm sure once its approved and they know there won't be any setbacks they'll be happy to give us an eta.

8. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

There's no reason to stop rumbling. Play as you would, if you happen to place top 3, you get bonus rewards. There's really no downside unless you are at a low PH level to where higher ranked attackers would visit you.

9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The downside to constant rumbling is a greatly increased number of attacks which you have to defend, and pay the cost of rearming. If you do not mind a 100% island destruction after each time you close the program then rumble all the time.

850arrr likes this.
  10. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

If you get destroyed 100% every artack, you might want to make a new defense setup. ;)

11. yeti

yeti Captain

You don't have to lose by 100% to cop the cost of rearming as you know, and the cost is ridiculously high. There's definitely a downside!

850arrr likes this.
  12. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Well, that's true. I never fully upgraded all those things that require rearming, so I don't really think about that all the time. I'm pretty active battling so I don't really sweat 50-70k for rearming.

13. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Rumble winnings would more than make up for rearming costs, anyways, and then some with all the other stuff you win.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

I never bothered rearming my mines until I finished my walls. If you're rearming after every loss, you're burning way too much gold. Even with constant rumbles, without rearming, people rarely made it to my gold stores during my farming stage, and the increased number of defenses is meaningless. The only downside is having to spend way too much time forfeiting my rank back down every time I woke up. "Oh great, another 6 people got 31% on my base, now I have to forfeit 30 times :c"

100% destruction every time definitely means your island needs a reworking, and also probably that you should drop a lot of rank for your current upgrade level. If you're concerned about wanting loot (like the cost of rearming), you probably should still be farming at a low rank anyways. Walls are brutal enough with easy, cheap, high loot wins in the low 100s, nevermind the thin rewards anywhere even marginally higher than 300.

15. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Rumble winnings do not make up the cost for defending your island. Dam, hurry up and get to PH9 and max your base. I'm tired of reading about your PH8 experience.

850arrr likes this.
  16. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Cost of rearming per rumble can be in the order of 4-5 million gold if you have a few attacks and they trigger all your bombs. My rearm costs are around 800,000 gold per raid, and that is possible even with a sub-50% raid.. so it adds up.

lady blackbeard likes this.
  17. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Shouldnt have upgraded all the mines and gates that far my man. Madoki apparently had a few drinks when they setup those upgrade trees, but it should have been pretty obvious if you looked at the cost vs benefit before upgrading. No offense.

18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Weird, my friends and guild mates with max bases manage fine...

Lol. What's your point here? I couldn't care less how you feel about my posts. I'll post more just for you. ;)

19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Those of us lucky enough to have been warned not to max the mines should (IMHO) support those who were trailblazers - in their request to Midoki to allow them to chose which lvl they want the mines set at.

Simply telling ppl that they have made a mistake (or worse been unwise) isn't exactly helpful!

I do not wish to give offence either - simply offer some friendly advice to avoid anyone feeling insulted!

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  20. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Oh I don't mind the rearm cost, tbagging, just pointing out that rumble rewards don't cover the costs, as you suggested. I knew what I was getting myself into.