Crazy high event milestones

Discussion in 'Event Strategies & Discussion' started by typhoon, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not at liberty to discuss exact numbers, but it's a more than you know of, and the first ones finished on Monday!

2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

One of the Russia guild, the one with the anker(they are so many) i know for sure on Monday and China Bang...MMTX might have finish today... dNd... also got it done
    Why not telling numbers? :cool: Why is it such a secret? Were they much lesser in numbers than you expected or were hoping for? o_O @Lynsey [Midoki]

over 5 guilds? maybe 7 or 8 when i look Top 100 guilds :) or Top rumble guilds according to the punderpoints... even a few 100k might be missing because they started counting March 1. last thursday and the event on wednesday. :cool:

EDIT: down there

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Yeah, why is it a secret? Probably because so few finished and raising the bar so high wasn’t the best idea. Midoki has never really been the group to admit mistakes, I can only think of one example. I would guess no more than the top 7 or so guilds on the rumble leaderboard finished the event. There was no possible way to finish without rumbling nearly every day and getting the bonus points. That leaderboard should essentially tell us who finished or who was close. Ultimately, having so few finish an event; in my mind; is abysmal. I understand trying to make it challenging but I can’t even imagine what a guild of 40 or less thought when they saw 3.5 million. There was literally absolutely zero chance for probably 95% of all guilds to finish, and I bet it’s more like 99% of all guilds. I bet 1% or less actually finished. Truly terrible. Good try Midoki, but I think you had the wrong idea here.

Happy sailing,

Oak

Dutchie, Intimidator and 850arrr like this.
  4. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

MS was close with over 3M and we are 5. on leaderboard with 2,8M atm. Like i heard RFF didn't finish it either and are right behind us on 6.place on that leaderboard... so??? o_O ONLY 4 guilds finished ;) because they on 4.place i know they have finished.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Christy and MorganFlint like this.
  5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Well said Mate, I pulled out all the stops to help my guild finish this damn event (we missed it by 200,000ish) and its our first ever guild event to not finish. We are no slouch guild either, and for Midoki to say there are more guilds than we think that completed it makes me want to chuck my iPad at the wall and say some colorful four letter words!! What a crap response for F's sake.

Dutchie and Intimidator like this.
  6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Why would it only be possible for rumbling guilds to have finished?
    I can accept that it is unlikely for small & low PH guilds to have finished - but surely all guilds high-up in the guild ranking leaderboard had an equal chance of being willing to spend gems to finish the event?

I can’t imagine the number of finishing guilds would be that large - however the most important factor is whether the total amount of gems spent was an increase/decrease on previous events. It is perfectly understandable why Midoki would want to keep all info relating to that a very closely guarded secret!

7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I guess IF the the last reward would have been maybe 500-1000gems, many more guilds would have even tried to finished the event to get it ;):). You know, the carrot size is important too :rolleyes: when the stick is veryyyyyy long. That darn donkey won‘t move if he/she/it can‘t see the carrot in front of his nose :cool:.

A Dapper with no gem compensation for a duplicate isn't that interesting :p spending gems to get it.

It is no secret anyore how many guilds have finished, just look at the leaderboard.

Let's see what the next guild event has for us :D.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Dutchie, ElFrenetico and MorganFlint like this.
  8. ScoopyWP

ScoopyWP Crew

This last event was rubbish. I love guild events, but if I'm going to spend that amount to win it has got to be a) worth it and b) achievable. Total knee jerk change again by Midoki. Get some balance in the changes.

9. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

The challenge is not worth the rewards at all now... who cares about a single Dapper costume now that you have 100s of costumes to collect. Too much effort for too little reward... definitely skipping the next one by hanging out in a rest guild. My last LP upgrade is nearly complete... I’ve nearly done the Northern Map... I’m nearly done with the game tbh... the lack of new gameplay or events is a definitely a factor in my upcoming decision.

850arrr, ScoopyWP and Intimidator like this.
  10. edhuardo carvalho

edhuardo carvalho Powder Monkey

Other simple to do is a Treasure Island. It's appears in map one time for month. There is many chest in island and you get objects.

MorganFlint likes this.
  11. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Your prayers have been answered dear brother