cheaters in our community...

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Vitek, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Vitek

Vitek Powder Monkey

So, about an hour ago I have got an attack from SubSeven from La France guild.

He had 26 gunners and black bart.

The defensive log shows that he has destroyed my island 100%, but the screenshots I've got are much far from that.

Here are some proofs
    http://imgur.com/a/pJKuy

Please do investigate in that matter, asap.

Sincerely,
    Vitek

Robin Blood likes this.
  2. Vitek

Vitek Powder Monkey

More to that, I had to recharge all my defenses in main location... without even an evidence them being discharged....

3. JT07

JT07 Crew

@Vitek , you should send an in game ticket support. But you will have to know, the response time is slow and long.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Cheers for reporting this, we're looking into this now.

5. Henrik

Henrik Powder Monkey

I reported the same user Subseven a couple of weeks ago. Pekka from support says its just a bug and not a cheat... Not sure if i believe that but what can you do..

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

We've looked into it and there were indeed shenanigans, the player has now been permanently banned.

We and customer service may have misunderstood the report as being a replay desync issue (where the replay is incorrect), which generally accounts for the vast majority of discrepancies between log results and replays.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Tessa Rose likes this.
  7. Henrik

Henrik Powder Monkey

Thats funny that you can see its cheaters now.. I got this from Pekka..

"What is shown in the battle summary in your log is always correct, whereas the battle replay may show something completely different. The replays aren't actual video recordings of the battles but they are generated after the battle has finished, and due to some technical problems they sometimes show the wrong data. But this bug in itself doesn't cause players to lose any extra plunder or Pirate Rank than what the battle has actually resulted in."

Well, I lost a hell lot of gold and grog! Thanks for that!

8. Tottok

Tottok Crew

Awesome, hope you guys fix the bug where you 100 destroy a base but the oponent loot doesnt get touched (visualy) but qctually you get the loot after all

9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I've gotten the exact same message, word for word, from Pekka. Think when I asked about a recruiting issue :confused:

10. I had exactly the same but 30 gunners and Mack, I was furious and reported it in game immediately as there was no way an Academy5 set of gunners could take my PH10 out, this was the reply from Rovio the following day.

"We're sorry to hear Plunder Pirates is causing trouble. A few other players have also asked about SubSeven's behavior in the game. We have looked into his/her account, and the activity on the account did not point towards any suspicious activity or cheating. However, because many players have reported SubSeven, he is now on our watchlist and will be banned if we can conclude that he/she is cheating.

Thus, I'm quite sure that this is related to the issue with the replays - they seem to be broken again, which is why your replay showed that SubSeven barely touched your base. What is shown in the battle summary in your log is always correct, whereas the battle replay may show something completely different. The replays aren't actual video recordings of the battles but they are generated after the battle has finished, and due to some technical problems they sometimes show the wrong data. But this bug in itself doesn't cause players to lose any extra plunder or Pirate Rank than what the battle has actually resulted in.

For some time ago, we got this issue fixed and the replays were correct. Unfortunately, it seems that this issue has reappeared after the latest updates. Our developers are currently looking into this, and we try to get this sorted out as soon as possible."

It was obvious something was wrong when they said "many other players have asked". I'm glad to hear it has now been sorted and the dodgy player removed.

11. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

I have a similar complaint of a cheater. We recently had a rumble and this individual Jack Sparrow of the guild Popeye's Fist put up 230 + attacks for a total of 420k +. That seems highly unlikely without some form of cheating..... thanks for looking into this.

12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

High rank is one explanation, but it also would entail finding a LOT of rivals for 2k each, and/or during an event that adds bonus points, AND always getting 3 stars.
    Jack Sparrow is known for very high scoring.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  13. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Jack Sparrow has long been a very high scoring player. I’m positive Midoki has checked into the account a few times at least to verify playing fair. When your PR is over 1000 like Jacks you get so many points for theee starring an island, and even if you only manage 2 stars you’re still getting crazy rumble points.
    We have a few in RFF that can score crazy points and I know they don’t cheat, sometimes it’s just pure rumble craziness lol

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

We always recommend that if you suspect somebody of cheating, to submit a support ticket containing the relevant info. However, I believe we've checked Jack Sparrow before in the past (as we tend to check those that are topping the seasonal leaderboard), and IIRC there was nothing to suggest that they're anything other than a very dedicated player pushing for the top spot. As others have mentioned, you can rack up a terrifying score if you're rank 1000+, 3*ing Rumble Rivals, etc.

15. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

Which Jack Sparrow there's like a thousand of them?:D

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Actually, at last check I think there was over 6000 of them, but I believe the Jack Sparrow in Popeye's Fist is the same that was in Chili & Banana/dNd who's previously topped the leaderboard (could be wrong though, as you've said, there's a lot of them!).

It's also why it's best to send a support ticket, because they can check your battle/rumble history, whereas I cannot. ;)

17. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Yes he talking about that Jack Sparrow you've mentioned. First in chili and banane, then later in dnd and now in Popeyes fist. That player is also going for victory on monthly leaderboard.

That is one of the reasons the scores are very, very high atm.

18. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

We rumbled against Popeye's Fist over the weekend and they royally kicked our arse with Jack Sparrow scoring multiple 3 stars against most of our guild. None of us were able to revenge him as he was on line for the entire rumble. For this reason we suspect cheating. Shouldn't the game kick a player off after so many hours? If he isn't cheating there's a bug somewhere. And the dude must be in serious need of sleep today. And he must need a mortgage for the gems he's bought.

19. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

Jacky is a very dedicated and talented player. She is well respected by many in the pp community. Very nice seeing a girl pirate fighting for the top spot! :cool:

Intimidator likes this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Jack has been attacked at least once a day over the last few days, and has hit the personal break timer pretty much every day this month - I'm guessing because she's gunning for the top spot on the seasonal leaderboard. What a lot of the very eager players do is play solidly until they hit the break timer, get attacked then presumably eat and sleep whilst they're under a shield.