Swiping self out of game - new iOS?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by MorganFlint, Nov 9, 2018.

1. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Ugh!! I know this has happened to others now too, and it’s not just me...Lately, while battling and swiping through troops or spinning the screen, I have (1) spun or swiped myself right out of PP causing lost battles and lost PR; and (2) inadvertently pulled up the app shortcut menu from the bottom of my screen, which blocks the troops selection. Then I either catch myself and have to swipe it away to keep battling, or I am tapping too fast and tap out of game to one of the apps and lose battles and PR :oops::confused:.
    Can anything be done developer-side to prevent these inadvertent swiping accidents? I think this is bigger than an in game ticket as it potentially affects everyone with the new iOS (likely problem?) but I will send a ticket as well. Or is it a device fix, which would be less than optimal because those features are nice....just not right in the middle of battle :rolleyes:

Intimidator likes this.
  2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Skim Papa says to turn off iOS “gestures” setting. I’ll try that for now.

Intimidator likes this.
  3. Mackabre

Mackabre Powder Monkey

It's really affecting me badly & a couple of others in my guild. Happened 3 out of 4 battles last time i tried to put up a decent event contribution. I think there are 2 issues going on...the app switcher & the dock.
    My 'gestures' are off, altho i could demonstrate a few manually
    I think i may well lose a legend or 2 from my guild over this.... & im actually thinking of retiring my base & playing my ph9 mini... pr is easier to recover, & crucially, take note, midoki...i dont gem with that account!
    Im out of ideas, & midoki have told me....
    'You have reported this problem multiple times and we are looking into it.
    There's is no need to keep reporting the same issue.' Nice.
    I'll just swallow the lost troops, gems, & pr, & shut up about it, then.

4. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I have reported it a couple of times now too andand have just been ignored by midoki (mind you they seem to be like that, sent a few tickets in the past and had nothing back). Rude customer service.

The issue is iOS 12 new multiple app switcher controls which are the problem, one they changed it from 4 fingers to 1 finger control and secondly they added in the new swipe up and left or right to switch apps.

Seems to do it in a diagonal motion too, I have found either using two fingers instead of one finger to deploy troops etc and swiping on screen do it in the top third of the screen from the guild button (two beers) and the log button upwards, seems to control it. Really annoying, but has cost me lots of battles /gems and pr. @Lynsey [Midoki]

5. laaafish

laaafish Crew

Just apple devices then? I haven't had any problem on Android. The account I play on iPhone hasn't done any updates recently, I don't think I will either.

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’ve done the same things as @MorganFlint described. Sometimes I “save” myself but other times I lose the game completely and into something else by accident. Losing the battle, troops, pr, gems etc is really frustrating. I’ll try what was suggested above. I’m not that savvy, so not even thought about a setting that could prevent it. Thanks a bunch!

(I’m on iOS as well)

7. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning fellow pirates,

One thing that greatly helped me with all the swiping was to turn on guided access while I play which allows you to do any swiping motion at all without anything happening. I was getting tired of accidentally closing the game and found this trick. Essentially guided access can keep you on one app and temporarily disarm the swipes. Works good for me. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Cheers and happy sailing

Oak

8. Mackabre

Mackabre Powder Monkey

Awesome @Oak Island it works, thank you.
    Is there any way to exit guided access without a forced reboot?

Oak Island likes this.
  9. Mackabre

Mackabre Powder Monkey

Found out you can set a pass code & use face or touch id to cancel it... thats a bit easier!

Intimidator likes this.
  10. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

That seems to work like a charm so far. Just have the remember to turn it on before I start attacking :)

Oak Island and Mackabre like this.
  11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yes only iOS. I play my main on iPad and mini on android, a Huawei Mediapad. There when u swipe up, nothing happens, only the bar appears were u can close the app or go back to previous.

Edit: It seems to be only on iPads. Some IPhone players say that swiping accidents are not possible with their phones. I can’t say.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  12. Mackabre

Mackabre Powder Monkey

Thank you all for helping today

13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

It works :).

I maybe need to unable also the notifacations from other games ... when deploying troops and one of them pops up and u touch it accidently :confused:... it kicks u offline from plunders and it is a lost :mad:. But i don‘t know do they keep coming when that ”swipe freezing” ability is activated. I had that yesterday when it was not activated. Can someone say does notifications also pop up when the ”swipe freezing” ability is activated?

14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t recall having any notifications pop up when I did a streak to 25. That took a little while, so I’d think something would’ve popped up by then. However, I have many non important apps turned off because too many are just annoying in general to me lol. I think if guided access is active It would still lock you into whatever app your using and ignore an accidental tap on a notification if it happened to show up? Maybe @Oak Island knows for sure....

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Just swiped out of game again for another -23 PR loss. Do you have to turn guided access on and off each time?
    I forgot to close one other app, which it swiped to. Remember to close other apps to save battery power, but also for this giant snafu we have :(

16. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

yes i think so, but not sure

17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Make sure you have the button green (on) in settings and open whatever app you wanna use guided access in. Idk how yours is set up, but I triple click the home button to activate guided access and when I’m done, use the thumbprint/home to exit the app which cancels it.

MorganFlint and Oak Island like this.
  18. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

The unfortunate answer @MorganFlint is that yes, you have to turn guided access on each time you open the game to ensure that the random swiping accidents do not occur. It can be hard to remember at first but you get used to it, especially during an intense rumble or long streak. @WOLLIMAUS i do not recall seeing notifications come up while playing on guided access as well, like @Intimidator mentioned, but I also have most of my apps turned off from getting them cuz I also agree they are annoying.

Cheers!

-Oak

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Cheers @Oak Island for pointing out a solution - I've been occasionally swiping myself out of the game during a battle, so I know it's very frustrating. Unfortunately we can't override Apple's systems (but fortunately they've provided a solution themselves).

Mackabre and WOLLIMAUS like this.