Next update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjays92, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

So I rediscovered the forum and thought this is probably a better place than ever to ask!

Any rough timetable on the next update? It's been 4 months since the last one, and I think mention of a new defence had been floating around (which would be real fun to play with, along with a tavern upgrade :rolleyes:)

2. Arrr

Arrr Powder Monkey

I don't think they can give us a new defense because it might not work for low-end devices and they can't give us more tavern space because the game would be too laggy and potentially crash players that play on low-end devices. Basically players who play this game on low-end devices are keeping this game from progressing and therefore that's why we only ever get pirate hall upgrades and defense upgrades. One of the staff has mentioned that a lot of players play on low-end devices so they won't drop support for them, I guess I could say that this game will eventually lose even more players and eventually midoki will shut down the servers and focus on other games like knighthood.

Capt. Overkill likes this.
  3. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Yes I am aware of the issue with the game being laggy. They did however add additional defences in this last update and the game seemed to handle it. So I figure it can handle a little more still

4. Arrr

Arrr Powder Monkey

I was actually talking about them not adding a defense that we haven't seen before. The last time we got an actual new defense was about 2 years ago and it was the arrr defense. We also got a new troop with the arrr defense. You make a good point about the game still seemingly being about to handle more of the same types of defenses/walls whenever new pirate halls get released so I don't really know why midoki doesn't make defenses/buildings we've never seen before I mean they did increase the size of our bases but I'm guessing that was just for the extra walls/duplicate defenses.

5. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning @Lynsey [Midoki] -
    It’s starting to feel like we are due for a non-PH game update sometime soon. It was mentioned here and a long long time ago about a new defense coming at some point, which makes me wonder if that is still true? Also, maybe it’s time for a tavern upgrade? How about some new buildings like a hospital type that heals your leftover troops from the previous fight? Obviously, everyone would love to see a new map and some new LPs, even though I know a map is not coming anytime soon. Even a couple new basic troops would be great! Grenade launcher? Crossbow sniper? Anything! Please give us some type of update on what may be included in the next update and when that might happen!

Cheers and thanks!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  6. Arrr

Arrr Powder Monkey

According to the release notes we have gotten ph updates and legendary outfits a lot more than new defenses and new buildings in fact the last time we got a new defense and a new troop was in 2017 almost 3 years ago so I highly doubt we're getting anything other than ph updates and the legendary outfits. Midoki also has a new game they're about to release so many they're slowly moving on from plunder pirates. Hopefully I am wrong and they do give us a new troop or defense.

Oak Island likes this.
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Next update will be PH15!

850arrr likes this.
  8. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning @Lynsey [Midoki] - are you for real?? Will there be anything new in the update besides upgrades to defenses and buildings? Please tell me there won’t be additional wall upgrades cuz the cost at this point is ridiculous. If more walls are coming, I’d suggest increasing the rate/amount at which distillery’s and gold mines collect resources cuz at this point finding gold while battling is hopeless. Especially if you have a decently high rank. And the increase should be like 10,000%! I truly hope we get something new this tome, anything. Also, I think the mystic mortar is due for an upgrade. Been level 3 since ph8 or so.. long over due.. also, got a time frame in mind for this?

cheers and thanks

-Oak

850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

We're planning on doing a bit of an economy rebalance with this update across multiple pirate hall levels (making stuff cheaper and faster to upgrade), so it's a little easier for people to progress. This means that the PH15 upgrades may end up being a good deal cheaper than the past couple of PHs! And yes, the Mystic Mortar is getting an upgrade! Not got a a date at the moment though.

10. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I truly hope when you say a rebalancing of the economy, we aren’t just talking gold and grog. Bp amounts vs ep given in the game have been way out of wack for years. You have hyper active players that literally have almost no bp from the last couple updates. This is not a lot of motivation to keep upgrading and trying to play (survive in the game).

Also I’m hoping chest will be looked at to adjusting contents or simplified to be less random. It’s disappointing to rumble everyday and finish every single event just to throw all your materials in the garbage or get smacked in the face every time you open a swashbucklers chest. Rare and legendary materials are far too hard and take too long to acquire. Drop rates on common materials are sky high compared to others. It shouldn’t take years or many months to acquire a certain material. Or ....just simplify the maps to be less random. If I make a 24 hour journey in the far corners, I think you should at least get something besides common items 4 out of five trips if your lucky. Odds are far less likely than that, I’m just giving an example.

So for me, another ph would be a big mistake for me to try and tackle if all of the above were not fixed or adjusted. I’m already 2 ph levels behind on legendary upgrade. Please no more levels. I have no bp to spend on them. I attack everyday, sometimes 25-75k a rumble which I think is a fair amount of play and still I struggle. What is not right in this equation? Be nice Midoki.

Tim

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Capt. Overkill and 850arrr like this.
  11. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

If rebalancing the economy, can you also look at reducing upgrade times, if possible or if not, at least consider adding a new builder. Been playing for more than 5 years and I’m struggling to keep up with the new PH upgrades. Thanks for listening.

lady blackbeard and 850arrr like this.
  12. Please don’t make more wall upgrades.....please! I used to like doing walls but now It’s gone too far. And please plunder pirate gods no more outfits.

Capt. Overkill and 850arrr like this.
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Well, the good news is there aren't any new outfits in the next update...

14. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Do we need new outfits? I would rather see new pirates and new LP’s :)

Hmm, so... nothing really new is coming?
    That also means that those current level up outfits are still filling chests what should contain (more, much more) mats. We can’t upgrade our Legendary Pirates when getting maybe 1 material out of 2/4/6 rewards like we get from the Strongboxes :(. It is annoying to get 5 level up outfits and 1 material and then its also only 1-2 pieces :mad::eek:, that doesn’t get us anywhere...

We need materials, i bigger drop rate for chests too. With the current material and chests drop rate(event chests and fights at sea) and the speed we can gather materials, me and many others will never max out their LPs and we really need strong LPs...
    Like so many others i sail daily and participate in every event to max my chances of getting mats, but there is still no significant progress to can start a LP training every week or every second week... wich would be really nice if i could. Please make some specific adjustments and help us ... and make the mats drop also less random... means...for example my silo contains 200 gunpowders already and no opals or only very little, but still not enough to start a LP training... but the game still drops more gunpowder, but no opals in chests at all... all those gunpowders are wasted, they must be trashed to keep slots empty for those mats we really need. And it would be nice if you would add a 0 or two to that price what we get for have to trash all those mats ;). The BP is another big problem for many players... defense/buildings(academy) upgrades and LP trainings are taking insane high amounts of BP. And with maybe 10 fight every day(ph 12)... nope, no chance to get soon anything done anymore, when have been using all BP for last 3 ph levels and on LPs.

The game gives all the time only many level ups for the common outfits... but not if ever a level up for a Golden or Platinum outfit? Why is that so? Because these outfits are so rare or is the level up drop rate for those outfits that low?

Ouh yeah, more wall levels coming too with the new ph update :confused:... do we get with this new ph level also the possibility to choose do we upgrade walls with gold and/or grog? :D

15. I would be grateful for a button that improves my ability in the game. I have waited since the game started. After all these years I thought I would be betterer, but alas, no. o_O. The button it is then. :cool:

16. Oh yes! This is definitely what I need.

17. Has the update started yet? :)

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

All the art for PH15 has been done, but it'll take a while to do if we're going to do an economy squash (to make progression a bit smoother).

RogerTheCabinBoy likes this.
  19. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

With all their eggs in the knighthood basket, you'll get no chicken for plunder. Clearly based on all the coming soon promises......

RogerTheCabinBoy likes this.
  20. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Hi @Lynsey [Midoki] - how’s the update coming? Have y’all been able to keep working from home? Hopefully y’all have nearly figured out the economic tweaks and can give us a better idea of a possible timeframe for release? Summer perhaps? Sooner maybe? Any info at all would be nice!

Thanks and cheers!

-Oak

Èlan likes this.