Download Error

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Captain Bolt, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Anyone else getting "Download Error" "There has been a problem downloading required gaming assets"?

It just started today. It's been happening for the last couple hours.

2. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Yes I'm getting the same thing on my account and my little ones account. Allow a few hours for the game to be back as normal. I'm just going to sleep through it. I think Midoki may have to grant us an extra 12 hours or 1 day on top of our guild event as this issue will most definitely disrupt players across the world and time zones. It's nearly 2am here.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Well, guess I’ll redirect my normal programming

4. Jude

Jude Powder Monkey

Coming up 4 hours of being unable to download assets here. Beyond frustrating. Has the IT dept slipped into a coma?

5. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

We are in good hands, things are fixed now. It shows how dedicated and loyal players are to the game. Let's hope the disruption doesn't effect our guild event progress, wishing you all well wherever you may be

6. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Take action to secure your compromised passwords, has anyone else had this. I didn't ever think making comments against the dark web could result in so much problems. Is pp being hacked, I hope I'm right about the power outage as the typical cause and not the dw

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

If you mean are they asleep, then yes. ;) Out of hours we're covered by an external company that keep an eye on the servers and fix any issues that crop up. Normally they manage to sort things quickly without people ever noticing, but unfortunately last night they couldn't. After a while of trying to fix the issue they called us, awakening our poor coders from their slumber, and probably getting them into trouble with their families.

Er, nothing quite so dramatic - the log in server went down for a bit. No attacks, hacks, compromised passwords or even power outages (this time, it's happened in the past though).

Unique Rebel likes this.