Guild members being kicked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hhomer62, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hhomer62

Hhomer62 Powder Monkey

I am having problems with crew members kicking new members for no reason, as a result I have had to demote everyone to cabin boy status. Would like to suggest that there be away to track who demotes, promotes or kicks members. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone agree or disagree with this?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I haven't had this problem but I share your concern. This is a must. otherwise you can just demote everyone as you said.
    I only promote people i trust.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I told my guildlings that anyone who promotes/demotes without being asked to will get demoted. If they kick someone for any reason other than being annoying/disruptive/abusive in chat, they'll get kicked out. So far, no problems.

If it were up to me, I'd make these changes:

Crew can only accept new members, but can't kick people out or promote others to crew.
    If Captain allows it, First Mate has access to change the MOTD.

ckl1 likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Like raising a kid, only a firm hand with clear boundaries prevent this behavior. Good luck

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

The guild I am in has the most amazing members EVER!!! We all get along great and have no issues like that. But I can see that being a huge problem :(

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

My way of maintaining order is to be so damn charming that my guildlings can't bear the thought of leaving. ;)

roguecylon likes this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think the new update will contain some new guild features. If we are lucky we can then see who that is doing the kicking. Any day now.

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

THe best would be if we as a captains could decide what the different ranks would do. For example: I could change it so that every rank cannot ''kick'', only '''promote'' and ''demote''. Or maybe I only want my first mates to be able to kick, but I don't want my crew to have that ability. So to clarify, you can alter every rank and adept them to you what you yourself see fit.

9. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

A guild I am with "The Rum Runners" had this problem. Cut our members from 44 to 10. I demoted everone to cabin boy. Eventually we id'ed there "muzz" as the issue and the problem went away. Still it would be a good idea to have the Captin give the final ok for a kick or document promotions or demotions on the feed (i.e. ZombieKing has kicked muzz).

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I feel sorry for you man. Don't understand why someone would to that.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

It should be a simple message. Instead of saying "soandso has been kicked" it needs to say "pirateX kicked/demoted/promoted pirateY"

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

yes. Imo this is very important. It's frustrating not knowing who it is that does the kicking

13. ckl1

ckl1 Powder Monkey

I like this idea Kelani, seems like a simple and reasonable change for Chris to pass on to the developtment team. The only difference I would make is to not make changes to the first mate stuff; like special permissions given by the captain etc. If he/she is your first mate, they should be doing your captains bidding; yarrr! I would just make changes to the user rights of the Crew.

14. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Since it was suggested we add another rank, Quartermaster, we are reviewing the Guild ranking system. In the meantime I suggest the Captain only promote people within the Guild they can trust.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  15. ckl1

ckl1 Powder Monkey

Thanks Chris! So what your saying is that instead of just changing the user rights of crew, your also considering adding quarter master which would have the same rights as first mate?

16. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

No, different rights. There is a thread already covering this topic in detail

ckl1 likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@ckl1 The suggestion about giving First Mate rights was a selfish one. I have an absentee captain, so I pretty much run things. The only thing I can't do (besides kick myself, I hope) is update the MOTD. That sounds like something a Captain might want to delegate anyway, so having that as an option would be useful, IMO.

18. Duke Newcombe

Duke Newcombe Powder Monkey

Hi, I would just like to say this happened to my guild too, of which I am captain. Someone started kicking people and when I asked who I guess they reailised I couldnt tell who was doing it and when I logged back in later that day about 20 people had been kicked. Most of the people in the guild had been there since the beginning and I talked to them every day now we have like 10 people left and they never talk, I am so annoyed this happened. I didnt put a rank requirement on the guild and I left it open so that anyone can join. I would say that no one but the captain needs to be able to kick I have now had to demote everyone in the guild to make sure it doesnt happen again. If anything the game should tell you who has done the kicking, can anyone tell me if this is going to be added to the game at some point? The annoying part is this happened about a week ago and we still have very few guild members and I cant message or invite the kicked people back into the guild.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

There is already a thread on this in the guild suggestions forum, and several suggestions have been posited. Modoki is working on improving the guild experience.

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

IMO, If you asked them who did the kicking, and none of them at least did you the courtesy of saying "not me", you're better off.

It does need to be identifiable, because Captain-only kicking is far too restrictive, and If I'm not around when some cabin boy starts spamming chat or being annoying, I want my crew to be able to shut him up. Permanently :)

Better would be to let the captain choose what permissions each rank has. That method has worked on IRC chat for many, many years.