under construction

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flyingdoucheman, Mar 16, 2016.

1. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

2. Tottok

Tottok Crew

#whatisthisallabout?

flyingdoucheman likes this.
  3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

It didn't appear weird to me

"

Alex07Powder Monkey
    Hello,

Sorry to bother you, my name is Alex and I am currently writing my bachelor thesis. The subject is how a couple of games create user engagement through their social media, especially forum, Twitter and Facebook pages. Plunder Pirates is one of the games I'm investigating and I've noticed you have been pretty active around the forum so was wondering if you are also active on the game's FB and/or Twitter page? If yes would you be interested in helping me with my thesis? It would consist of a Skype interview of 30 mins max 1 hour and I'd be so so incredibly grateful! If you are interested I can give you more details. If you are not, please let me know! If you know anyone who might be interested in helping me could you please send me their way? Thanks so much!"

Seems legit with a student in need. I don't use fb or Twitter so I was no use. Simple as that

4. Alex07

Alex07 Powder Monkey

I am really sorry I gave that impression. I am really sorry that I seemed like I am spamming :/, I was afraid of that. I am a student currently finishing my bachelor degree and just looking for people to interview for my thesis. I also contacted Midoki to have an interview with their community manager about this topic, I am not trying to gain information for anything other than a research report. I am mostly sending the same message to people because it is still what I am looking for in everyone. I should've just made an open post and asked if people are interested in helping me out but I was a bit shy to openly ask for help. Maybe it would've been better to do that.

5. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

No problem @Alex07. Why not create a new thread in off-topic perhaps and get your information from there?

6. Alex07

Alex07 Powder Monkey

That might be best, thank you! Once again my apologies for any bad vibes I must have given.

Skillzone10 and Tottok like this.
  7. Fil

Fil Captain

If this is legit, perhaps getting vetted by Midoki and getting their permission might be a better first step...ijs

8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I thought it was a spam message :oops: I just ignored it. Sorry o_O

9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Hello people

So please explain the static screen capture image of the OP's original post. Did ye all miss that ?

TiGeR

10. Alex07

Alex07 Powder Monkey

@Fil: I wouldn't mind that :)
    @Christy: It's alright it's unfortunate that it was seen as spam, you were through the first people I sent that to and I hoped that by doing conversations with more people in them I could get replies easier, but now I understand it was really not the best approach

I made a new post for this, now everyone can see what I'm researching, so if anyone here would be kind enough to lend me your expertise on the topic, I would be really grateful! I'm just trying to make my paper as good as possible.

Christy likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

WTH?! Everyone and their pet parakeet got an invitation except me. What am I, chopped liver :eek:

flyingdoucheman, Langballe and Tottok like this.
  12. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Yeah, if it is just an audio interview @Spongee :)

13. Fil

Fil Captain

Invitations are obviously going out based on age, you should see yours sometime in 2027

14. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

beware Skype with strangers. Background can reveal too much. Camera sees your stuff. Go outside or to neutral coffee shop.

Fil likes this.
  15. Alex07

Alex07 Powder Monkey

@lady blackbeard: It would only be an audio interview not video, and if anyone wants their name and details to stay anonymous that's also possible. I am not trying to mess with anyone's privacy, nor get any personal information that would jeopardize anyone, just looking for insight into my topic. If it were possible to do the interviews in writing I would've, but unfortunately my choice of research restricts me to spoken interviews. Hope this clarifies it a bit more.

16. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Yeah. I assumed she saw my age, and thought no way in hell has this guy even heard of Skypie, FB or Tweeter. I am surprised he even can post on a forum. :confused:

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

I didn't get a request either! But I don't post on the FB page or have an active twitter (although I do read the fb stories and twitter feed when they are auto-posted to slack)