Shimmering Pearl source labeling

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by Becker Redbeard, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki]
    I believe the Shimmering Pearl sources are mislabelled (in English at least).
    The sources are Eastern Merchant Ship, Giant Enemy Crab, and Merchant Ship.
    The "Eastern Merchant Ship" should be "Imperial Ship"? I can't find any ship labeled "Eastern Merchant Ship."
    That said I can't confirm Imperial Ship delivers Pearls despite hitting them for a week now; probably just random bad luck but perhaps the label is incorrect on the Imperial Ship delivering them?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

On the Eastern map there are 3 types of Ship that have a chance of dropping pearls:
    2 Eastern Merchant Ships
    1 Merchant Ship
    1 Imperial Ship

If your Eastern map is fully uncovered & any of those is missing, then send a support ticket. If however your map isn't fully uncovered then the 'missing' ships have likely just spawned in an uncovered area.

3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

All my maps are fully uncovered, even the Northern (OK, not Northern).
    You don't mention the Giant Enemy Crab, that Midoki lists as dropping pearls. I can confirm it DOES, and have also got from Imperial Ship now.
    If you'll notice my reported bug was for the lack of "Imperial Ship", which are not listed as a source when you click on the Pearl (e.g. clicking on Pearl in the silo).
    This is a small detail, not important, but I was sharing nonetheless. FYI, just checked the update and the Giant Enemy Crab now lists as "Crabus Maximus" which you click on the pearl. The Imperial ship remains unlisted under sources of Pearl when clicking on Pearl. When you click on Imperial it does show it drops Pearls.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There are definitely Eastern Merchant Ships (I've got two on my map right now - they're smallish Junks with bright red sails), and they definitely drop Shimmering Pearls.

There's currently an issue (which we only spotted when adding the current map!) where the UI on materials only lists the four of the sources of a material - any additional ships or monsters aren't on the list. We're hoping to have this fixed in a future update.

(Also apologies, only just spotted this thread!)

5. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Powder Monkey

Hi Lynsey
    I have been after Majestic Ruby’s to upgrade ching shih. The only place listed for these is the Frost Kraken but in spite of beating both of these maybe 20 times they have never yielded a Majestic Ruby???
    Why?

6. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Majestic Rubies are created from Unobtanium...just keep at it.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, it's luck. For me, it's Sapphires that are the trickiest, I've got Rubies and Diamonds coming out of my ears!*

*Not literally, but as far as superpowers go, could be worse?

Black-ish Beard likes this.