1-Star Kraken never gives masks

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by typhoon, May 31, 2016.

1. typhoon

typhoon Powder Monkey

A while back the rewards for the 1-star Kraken on the western seas map was changed to possibly give voodoo masks as a reward. I have never received a mask from this target over countless battles. Is it possible that for long time users, this update didn't have any effect? I ask because there have been other similar discrepancies for some of us long time users.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I can't remember ever getting a mask from it either. I gave up battling it months ago. I go after the 2 star Krakens when farming masks.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe I have gotten them from it, but the drop rate is incredibly low (c00ni keeps more detailed results). The 2* kraken is much better, I get around a 20-25% drop rate on it.

4. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Just wish that vodoo masks would have as high drop chance like Iron or gunpowder have.

Ebow likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

There is a 'Mighty Kraken' (Green) that has the Voodoo Mask in the #2 slot (currently at H19) on my map. I find that this one usually has a great drop rate and I always include it on any journey.

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I agree with Ian, the 2* Kraken do have a decent drop rate. Even though I no longer need voodoo masks, they are one of the two mats I am currently actively farming. As Skye has mentioned several times, short trips are the best. I rotate short trips (usually between 20 and 75 minutes) farming 2* kraken for masks on the western seas with short trips (60-90 minutes) farming ink from merchant ships on the eastern seas. Between every trip, I gem rush (usually between 2-12 gems) short trips on the western seas of ships not in the current path of my planned kraken voyage. These trips almost always gives me battered chests. For me, it seems a deal to be able to buy battered chests at around 5 gems each. For those who can't bring themselves to spend the gems rushing, these short trips are very valuable for obtaining chests. I have completely adopted Skye's suggestion of doing short trips only (except overnight) for farming chests and mats when a wide range of mats are the goal.

7. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Not sure if it helps, but wierd enough as it seems, I just got a Voodoo Mask from a 5 Star Merchant Ship on Western Seas.
    I try to extend my sea explorations as long as I can in dark waters, more rewards pop up on my maps