[2.0.0] Mack McKraken Does Excessive Damage To (Resource) Buildings

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by c00ni, Aug 22, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I have a Level 2 Mack McKraken, who apparently does 100 damage. I had an active Level 4 Blacksmith so we can call it 111 damage.

I (accidentally) deployed him whilst doing some simple farming and noticed that his attacks do a ridiculous amount of damage.

Here Mack McKraken is attacking a Level 11 Gold Mine (900hp). It takes 3 distinct hp loss events to take it down (the first two happen very quickly, approx 150 damage each followed by the third attack of approx 600 damage looking at the health bar).

I understand that "flurry attacks" are a thing but I don't feel they adequately explain what is going on.
    From Release 2.0.0 - Legendary Pirates
    There is no mention (anywhere that I can see) of Mack McKraken doing bonus damage against resource buildings (similar to Thief's Tanked Up and Sticky Fingers).

Either there is a bug in the amount of damage he is dealing or a bug in that a bonus damage skill is not being displayed in Mack McKraken's profile page.

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe Mack has a bonus when attacking resource buildings; that is the most logical explanation, given that he prioritizes them like thieves. I feel like if this is the case it should be made much clearer in the interface. This also leads me to believe that other similar pirates may have unexplained bonuses matching the type of troop they mimic, such as boomer vs walls.

I could be totally wrong, but it makes much more sense than just his damage numbers being off, especially given how little damage he seems to do to other buildings!

3. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Midoki is trying to be cutesy with not telling us much about the LPs, stating that they want us to discover the new features on our own without Midoki's help. The bonus damage is probably one of those unspecified features.