Adds, watching them, then game freezes, then reload :-( without any reward

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Clemsrec, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

Hi guys !!

Some times I see adds in order to receive some bonus with the chest.. I know I'am cool to make you earn some money but many times it's not working, I mean I see the add and then the game freezes and do not propose to reward then I have to reload.

It would be cool to get the reward otherwise you are sure I won't have a look to the chest.. in fact I click less and less on it.

Thanks in advance for your replay about that. I don't know if this appends already to other players.

Cheers,

Clem

2. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Happens to everyone and has always been an issue. I would say that 20% of ads clicked haven't paid out for me over the last few days. Like you I have started clicking them less, so I'm not sure if the problem has gotten better or worse recently.

Clemsrec likes this.
  3. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Same here. Quite annoying.

Clemsrec likes this.
  4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Always been that way. I've never once gotten the ad to give me a reward, it always freezes when time to get my reward. I haven't tried to watch them in months. It is a Rovio issue, think it is outside control of Midoki to fix. Don't waste time writing Rovio support, they will do nothing about it.

Clemsrec likes this.
  5. awbo

awbo Captain

They work on my phone, not my iPad.

6. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

It's on my Iphone that's not working.. I don't play on Ipad

7. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Just tried one on my iPhone 6, over 4G, and it worked.
    Definitely had issues on iPad last night though...

8. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

I'll try again just with 4g, not Wi-Fi.. But as I already said it works maybe 1 time on 5

9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I get a reward about 80% of the time and this goes for both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 on wifi.

10. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

It's about 50/50 on my iPad. Much better luck with my android phone.

11. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I have explained this a couple times in other posts.

Ads should work 100% of time if you follow these steps:

1) force quit app
    2) login and click ad icon
    3) watch ad and get rewards
    4) force quit app and start over for ad number 2

The key is to force quit the app before watching an ad. You should be able to watch two add per every 1.5 hours or so....

Capt. Sharky likes this.
  12. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

13. awbo

awbo Captain

Sorry I'm too lazy for that :D

HornyQuokka likes this.
  14. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

Thanks for your reply Booty but it's still not working for me (as it just happened now because I tried again with your explanation) even if I force quit the app. After watching the add the game freeze and no rewards are coming... I have to force quit app then log again, but still nothing arrive..

It's just that I'am cool enough sometimes but giving money to Rovio by watching adds for something that did not work.. This is their second revenue center on this game after buying Gems, they could take care about this subject (I think !!)

15. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I have an iPhone island and an iPad Air 2 island. It works on both my islands. I do occasionally get a timed out response after ad is done and after reward is given. It times out and I lose the reward. But that happens less than 1 in 15 times

16. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

Hum, strange... Maybe they will consider this subject once !! Let's see and wait.. By that time I'll continue to try sometimes..
    Thanks again all for your replies !!

17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Regardless of Booty's "work around", the adverts should work 100% time! Midoki is getting the revenue and we are getting the shaft when they crash and they crash often enough for it to be a problem.

Clemsrec likes this.
  18. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

100% agree with you.. Why my post on that subject.. And still no news from Midoki or everyone else in charge here !

19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Midoki have already replied to threads on this topic. They have explained that the ads (& the servers that host them) are controlled by Rovio - therefore they have no ability to control or improve their reliability.

Several players have logged support tickets to Rovio regarding this issue - and Rovio's replies have indicated just how much interest they have in improving them!

Ian and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  20. Clemsrec

Clemsrec Crew

Ok.. Thanks for your answer !! It's clear and this is what some of the answers said.. No interest by Rovio on this point and no control by Midoki..

It's make it easier for me that I won't anymore clic on this chest :)