AI issues around boats ruining game

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Booty isle, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Midoki. Please fix these rediculous troop ai issues around the boat and the guildship that cause every single high level player to create bases that are nearly identical to each other. It is ruining your game... Who wants to attack the same base over and over again.... I am getting fed up with the same boring crap day after day.

every player creates this base because you have created a situation that is highly unpredictable... Sometimes the troops will go thru a wide open gaping massive enormous hole and sometimes they will walk around the wide open gaping massive enormous holes.... Just fix this so we can have the old game back where people actually tried to get creative with their base designs...

Attacking same base over and over is BORING

Fil, HornyQuokka, 850arrr and 2 others like this.
  2. Tottok

Tottok Crew

I totally agree, same base layout on tone of players, everyone uses the ships as a huge cover because trous go around them witch is bad. The AI is curently very very frustrating on higher end bases, not so much when farming.

I also find stupid how we have to down our rank in order to get lucky and get a 500k-500k base on low rank, cuz higher end bases have ridiculously low plunderable loot, all I see is 150k,300k witch will be stupid to trow 300k worth of troups in grog for a 500k of grog, thats 200 k profit and 9 gems lost ( im talking about high rank bases not farming bases cuz on high rank base you HAVE to deploy all your troups) so in high rank you need to destroy 30 (300 gems) bases for 6 mils of grog and with 6 mils you cant even upgrade 2 pirates in academy.

The whole plundering thing it's lost at high rank base, you only attack a high rank base for PP in rumble otherwise is not worth it att all, thow you might find a 1-1 mil base but is rare.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

I would love things that encourage variety.

Suggestions I've made in the past to combat this, without completely breaking things:
    -Let troops swim through a destroyed boat. Sky raiders can fly over the flotsam, why not sink it a bit deeper and let normal troops swim over as well? It wouldn't completely break current designs, but it would make them a lot more manageable in many bases. Letting them swim between boats would be neat too, but completely removing ship pathing would break defense balance. I'm not opposed to that, but we would need a further defensive bump to compensate, either in the form of a larger quantity of walls, or a big boost to non-directional (non-gp) defenses. GP is too critical to a defense and removing the focus off of it would be a good thing either way, and by making it a less key feature, redirecting troops with walls/ships would become less of a focus and do a lot to combat this issue, even if pathing wasn't changed.
    -As stated above, buff other non-directional defenses to remove the focus off of GP. A significant majority of defensive victories come down to whether or not the GP gets enough rounds off, just because of the way the numbers work.

As for loot, especially up high, my suggestion has been to:
    -Significantly increase amount available from collectors (possibly to 50% or 100%, up from 25%), and decrease amount lootable from stores (down to 10%, if not less). This has several effects.
    a) players can save up upgrades easier, and it is less frustrating for all the people I see giving the game low reviews because they don't understand how to farm
    b) farming is easier, since most of us farm by sniping collectors anyways - loot available would go up significantly
    c) players are encouraged to get online more often to collect their loot, which helps habituate users to check in more regularly, leading to longer user retention
    d) at high ranks, loot could theoretically get much higher, as all you have to do is find someone who fell asleep and hasn't collected in a couple hours. Normally it takes a day to get collectors full to 420k available, but now that would happen in only a couple hours, and the max loot would be significantly higher - especially the amount available right after a 12 hour shield wears off.

People with completely max stores would still give 1m loot, but it would be much less hard on the people with only 4m loot that normally lose a quarter of it.

Morgan Ford, Re Attino, McQ and 11 others like this.
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Good heavens Skye....that was a beautiful post! Agree on all points!

5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

+1 to everything that was posted in here so far. How in the world Midoki can find it right, that all players that go for rank or hate to lose are "forced" to copy the edge base design to stay competetive?o_O

My suggestion as well, once ships are destroyed, troops should be able to get/swim/whatever over it.

850arrr likes this.
  6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Little known fact - troops will actually swim over a sunken ship if that's the only path available.
    This happens when you wedge a guild ship between rocks and have the back of the ship blocking the whole dock.

850arrr and Skye like this.
  7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

:eek:

8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Holy @#$#@ how is that possible?

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

[​IMG]
    The guild ship's dock is not boardable here.
    After destroying the ship, troops will swim across the sunken ship to the guild ship's dock.
    The game lags terribly for a full second whilst it tries to figure out what to do though.

10. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

And in this one neither the ship nor guild ship can be accessed.
    [​IMG]

11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

ohh now i get it....

12. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Actually, Guild Ship is directly accessible here ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  13. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

How?

14. Tottok

Tottok Crew

thrw the square dock

15. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

You can land troops on the end of the GS dock, where the lifesaver is. It will only work on that 1 tile though, not on the tile next to it with the crates. It's a great secret way in, and one I probably should've kept to myself :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  16. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Thank you for something new midoki... I was an outspoken critic of the ai issues around the boats and I love this new rework of the patching issues around the boats. Well done... Now can this forum somehow figure out how to shame the iPhone 4 users that are keeping us from truly amazing ai. For now I will enjoy this new change... Thank you again!

HornyQuokka, 850arrr and Robin Blood like this.
  17. Loving the new update, PH10s beware, my2nd profile at PH8 is now battering through previously untouchable PH10s . Great job on the change Midoki

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'm sure it'll be a bit of a Marmite decision (you either love it or you hate it), but it was never our intention to have a large portion of an island to be un-pathable due to object placement, and the troop/defence balancing wasn't done with the infamous 'wedge' layout in mind (although as people will point out, they were still doable with specific troop combos).

I'm sure people will find new alternative strong layouts before long!

19. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

It's a free for all and takes the skill out of the game....I'm bored already

deePS77V8 and Sea Patriot like this.
  20. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I am not bored. I am happy that all the copy bases that are too lazy to change are getting some losses. To me the copy bases were the most boring aspect of the game.

Try something different, lose some defenses, try some tweaks. This is at least 30% of what I like about PP.