AI issues around boats ruining game

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Booty isle, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

Easy wins aren't fun in my book...just my opinion. I had no problem 3starring bases prior to the update.

2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Great update midoki, having more predictable AI is always a good thing in my book, well done.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

In my opinion the game really sux now, it takes no skills to beat bases, attacking is supposed to be challenging but this is ridiculous, now all you need to do is drop your troops and forget about it, I know good players don't appreciate it at all.
    What's really gonna dictate the type of layout is the GPS, as it is right now we only have 2, we got to go back to PH8-9 layouts with the GPs facing each other or the horseshoe, since we can only protect 2 flanks, side attacks are the norm.
    Midoki really needs to come up with at the very least with 1 more GP and more walls cause the game, in the strategy side, actually sux

deePS77V8 and Pink Taco like this.
  4. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

I agree!!! If they're going to make it easier for attackers we need more defense or at the very least walls

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Its only been a day since the update, give it a little time for players to redesign their bases to find what works. A lot of us asked for this change because seeing the same wedge design over and over and over didn't make this game fun (for me at least). I welcome seeing different layouts now, it will make it interesting finding a way to take them down.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  6. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Waaaah! My lame comer base does not work anymore, so what. So now everyone is complaining about skill this and skill that. The focus has changed, evolve or suffer. Instead of having "skill" (maxed pirates and LPs) to attack the same old corner base design derivative, you know the on that the majority of those complaining most likely used (myself included), you now need real skill once again in figuring out how to design a non corner island that works. Why don't we all stop crying and use that energy to change the focus and help figure out what does work. Who knows you might be the one that comes up with the next base design that all of the other lazy pirates will copy.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Tex, Raider, 850arrr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

Alternatively, what I'd prefer is for defenses to be balanced so GP is no longer as critical to winning.
    Then even if we only have 2, even if no troops end up stepping into their path, we still have a chance of winning, rather than relying around a single type of defensive structure to provide enough damage to win a defense.

I'd rather a huge boost to cannons and gun towers to take some focus off of splash damage rather than a third GP that forces us to find a way to get troops to walk into it.

850arrr and Morgan Ford like this.
  8. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

They need to make a Pungi Pit defense. Oooooo, what about quicksand? lol

9. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

Midoki just shifted their problem. Before it took no skill or thought to have a defensive set that protected your base. You had to be creative in your attacks to win. Now, it takes no skill or thought to 3* a base and a good protective defensive set is nearly impossible. Its the same problem just in reverse. The only real difference is that now you can't protect your loot. Good luck saving up 9million gold to get that last silo upgrade, or 6.5million grog to max out your HG... unless of course you spend gems (puts on tin foil hat). This is a win only if you are a maxed base or Midoki. Was the game unbalanced before? Sure, but it is even further out of balance now. No newbies will be able to get into the game now.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  10. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

Not calling you out Morgan, but I have seen this sentiment elsewhere. So I design a great defensive base and everyone copies it. Whats the point? Aren't we right back where we started with the corner bases? Everyone using the same base layout and top players get bored. Spamming all my troops out and finding something else to do for 3 minutes only to have all my new gold and grog taken the second I log out isn't fun.

Morgan Ford likes this.
  11. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

I get threes starred all the time, always have, but somehow I managed to save the 9 mil in gold. Based on your argument it should now be that much easier to steal the 9 mil in gold or 6.5 mil in gold. Let us not forget that it now is both easier to be attacked and also way easier to attack.

Wasn't the game unbalanced when the mini base ruled the day?

850arrr likes this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

There are plenty of ways to save up your gold and grog with this new update. For one you can use the layout tool to store two different setups. One setup is to throw your PH out in the open and massively defend your loot and the other layout is whatever you so choose.

I don't see this as massively unbalanced at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a base with max defenses of any layout isn't a given three star win, its difficult with a moderate army to do for most people. Several members here are very skilled and can take down any base with a huge crew on hand but that's not the norm. My crap ass base rarely see's a three star defeat and its nothing special, just maxed PH10 defenses.

HornyQuokka and Morgan Ford like this.
  13. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

You did not call me out. I think you saw my point. This too will pass. The corner base will go into the annals, or anals, of PP history right next to the mini account. Then the new good will come along and everyone will complain when they nerf that too eventually. Things change. Evlolve, suffer or quit.

HornyQuokka and 850arrr like this.
  14. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

@Juggernaut- me thinks your statement stands better corrected as "it takes no skill to beat *WEAK* bases* (which that corner type layout now is..). And when you shay "cause the game, in the strategy side, actually sux" i beg to differ in that now you (the player) need to take into account that placement of buildings truly does matter.. Coming up with new strategic bases is now key instead of relying on some wall that the only way to get across is to go around :/ i never understood why my troops couldnt get thru the fort when theres a platform standing right infront of their face.
    if you are finding it way to easy to beat bases (which it is because a lot of people are still using said specific base), i trust you will find one that is challenging.. You just havent seen it yet.

And as to people saying "we need more defences" i totally agree with that.. The pirate gods know i need more walls and firepower.. Although adding another GP would be a total clusterf***.. So +1for walls and canons/tower, -1 for gp.. Just my 2 cents.

850arrr and Morgan Ford like this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

You can fill up your stores completely, with one army, with zero gems used, from completely empty, in one play session. The most you can lose to one defense is 1,050,000 from your stores, which means as long as each army gets more than that, you make a profit.

The trick to farming lots of loot is to intentionally lose the battle and not attack to win. If you care about loot, only go for the loot. 2-3 thieves can take every gold mine or every distillery in almost any base with a bit of practice, which nets you 315/385/420k for only a couple slots of troops.
    You can get 20+ raids out of an army without rehiring at all, which is 6.3-8.4m loot. But since you only use a couple slots, those couple slots can spend time rehiring while you search out and attack the next base (I usually manage to rehire 2 thieves in the time it takes to find and loot a base), meaning that you can rehire at least a good 40-50 slots over the course of your raiding. This is more than enough to completely fill one type of store. If I'm doing both types of loot at the same time, I usually manage about 6m of both resources in the time it takes to burn an entire army.

When my rank falls too far to find full collectors, I fight my way back up for a couple battles, and then go back to farming. I was pulling in around 50m gold a day for free this way when I was still working on my walls.

If you are willing to spend gems, and you use 1 gems worth of troops per battle, you can pull in even more loot even faster, and the free gems you get sailing in a day can fill your stores at least once over.

Its easy to play for free, or at least cheap - the only thing thats hard to max for free is your LP.

The problem a lot of people have with saving loot is they use a full 70 slot army, attack a base for a 3* for 500k loot, and then lose it all while they're rehiring after the battle. But if you care about getting loot, winning battles doesn't matter, and using a full army is a waste of time. You can't save up loot easily for free while making real attacks, but you can very easily max everything if you're willing to ninja in for a long grind session, stretching every slot as far as it goes. You still get plenty of time to fight real battles for points since your rank will fall pretty far over the course of a couple grind sessions and you'll have to fight your way back up, but the majority of your loot shouldn't be coming from fighting to win.

850arrr, MorganFlint and Morgan Ford like this.
  16. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I don't really save loot any more. If I don't need it I throw it all away. This is my way of reducing the inflation in the PP economy. You are welcome.

When I do need it, I play a long session, lose lots of battles and PR and gain all I need, spend it and restart on my PR climb. I call this "fun", and fun is why I am here.

I have done a few streaks lately that filled my grog and gold during a rumble. Instead of helping my rivals to 1.x M in grog for a win, I dump it all with the WD hire method. I think that is spite, but it must be good gaming too.

My favorite quote: PP is like an ant farm - you just sit there and watch stuff happen all time time, help it along a little, and admire what is built. Rumbles are kind of like shaking the ant farm. :)