Annebelle AI improvements

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Homey DeClown, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Homey DeClown

Homey DeClown Powder Monkey

Annebelle sucks. Bad. She starts out well and helpful, then seeks out the lone gunner who has wandered off and does *nothing* to them since they're at full HP. All the while the rest of my army is shredded.

Some suggestions:

1. Annebelle should default to the largest group of pirates.
    2. She should leave only when other pirates are taking a beating -- then she should return.
    2a. When other pirates are getting murdered, she should leave the fully healed pirates and (damnit) do something.
    3. Her healing should be ranged, not melee. So often she warps to some gunners needing healing, and then chases them for a few days until they stop so she can heal them. She should be able to heal on the run.

I don't understand her AI. Someone help me. Sometimes she darts around healing everything and being a rather helpful lass. Other times, she just bogs down on the lone gunner and craps her pants.

I just used her in a raid, and she walked right by two brutes getting hammered to do a dance next to a group of gunners with full health. So frustrating. I'm beginning to think her laugh isn't evil, it's the laugh of a mentally retarded woman wanting a cream cheese graham cracker.

MorganFlint, 850arrr and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  2. Homey DeClown

!@#$%
    So damn frustrating. I start a raid with Annebelle and 10 gunners. In the right area, they can do some serious damage. Everything going well, until I accidentally fat finger the screen and drop a lone gunner on the far left of the screen. That gunner starts plinking away on some useless buildings. BAM! There goes Annebelle. She warps away and dances around that lone gunner for the next 45 seconds while my main force is steadily whittled away to nothing.

Her AI is seriously broken. As long as I keep one force tightly packed, she's simply awesome. But if I do that, I'm dead to a single mine/bomb.
    Please fix her.

3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I'll admit she is odd but at least she's consistent in always protecting that lone pirate. That being said, I almost only use her during Thunderstruck where I can hopefully sneak inside a base that has a puddle or two, drop a couple of Juggs, then drop Annie to stun all the defenses, and then deploy all troops to flatten the place.

MorganFlint and Dutchie like this.
  4. Homey DeClown

I hadn't thought about using her during thunderstruck. Great idea. Thanks.