Anyone else have PP being nerfed when game is not being played on 3 devices

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Christy, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Christy

Christy Commodore

I have a member in my guild that is a PH9 that is having his points cut significantly! This happened to him last week too. It was reported and Midoki looked into it and fixed the problem. Now once again today he is hit with the same problem. He only plays on two devices so this should not be something that is just automatically happening. Has anyone else had this happen? Or know of anyone this is happening to? I am posting a few screenshots as an example. PH9 hitting a PH10 shout not be putting out this low amount of points with PR in the 400's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] @Christy Isn t this exactly how the new "security system" is about to work, when you play on more than 1 device? If so it would be totally BS, when it hits in even when you only play on 2 devices.

3. Christy

Christy Commodore

I thought this went into effect if it was a third device? And it must have started already because this is the second time this has happened to the same player :(

4. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Yes, i just read something similiar in some other thread. I think @Skye might have the exact answer. Guess i missed an offical Midoki post regarding this.

Christy likes this.
  5. Christy

Christy Commodore

I don't think there WAS an official post on it. I must have missed it as well.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've looked into this - his account does show a history of being linked to multiple accounts, including this month where there has been logins on his account on additional devices over the usual two that he uses (his two usual are iOS, the additional ones are Android). The 'extra' logins are occurring from the same town as where he usually plays from.

If he's unaware of how this has happened, he will need to make sure that his devices are secure with passcodes/fingerprint locks (or just not let out of his possession) so that people can't obtain his device-linking code, and that the passwords for his Apple ID, Gamecenter and Google Play accounts are changed so that people can't log into his accounts and load them up on different devices.

I'd like to take this opportunity again to remind people that account sharing, particularly when you're sharing Gamecentre/Google Play account details, massively compromises the security of your account.

Booty isle, awbo, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  7. HARLOCK

HARLOCK Powder Monkey

Lynsey, for those of us who legitimately play on multiple devices, what's the best way to reverse the nerf on the third device? Would it be as simple as uninstalling the app?

For instance: I have an iPad and iPhone, then I bought a new iPad and installed pp, thereby creating a third device with the app. Will uninstalling pp app on my old iPad fix the issue?

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you stop using it to log in on the old device, after a couple days your points should return to normal. You don't have to uninstall it, you just cant load the game on it anymore - you can uninstall it if you want, but it won't speed up the return to normal points. Don't press the icon :) Then if anything ever happens to your new iPad, its still there loaded, and you can swap back to it, but because you aren't using it in the meantime, it won't count against you.

If you're planning on getting a third device, you can always stop using it on one of the two current ones a couple days ahead of time, and by the time you load it on the third one it should have stopped considering one of the old ones as active.