Aren’t event targets meant to be scaled to suit pirate level?

Discussion in 'Event Strategies & Discussion' started by Taipanfan, May 9, 2018.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

We have a very enthusiastic PH4 member in our guild that reports his target for finishing the event is 100k, the same as mine (I am PH11). He is attacking and 3 starring PH5 and scoring 500ish event points. Regardless of what grog/gold he is taking his chances of finishing the event are almost none. Having no chance of finishing the event is highly discouraging for these keen players.

I thought the individual event targets were meant to be scaled to PH level to give them an even chance of finishing the event. Our junior PH levels deserve that, and if Midoki wants the game to continue they need to encourage them with that chance.

Intimidator likes this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The event rewards are scaled (but not in the way you think)... the early rewards are for the lowest PHs and the later rewards are for the higher PHs.

Midoki’s strategy/belief is that by allowing everyone, (regardless of PH level) to see all the possible rewards - it will encourage them to want to upgrade. (It also means that anyone willing to use gems isn’t restricted by any arbitrary limits!)

The only reason that anyone will feel discouraged, is simply that there are no markers indicating which rewards are intended for which PHs. Therefore everyone heading into their first event, falsely believes that all rewards are intended for them!

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, everyone has the same reward tree, with the lower end of the tree being aimed at lower levels, and the top end being aimed at max levels. As Peg has said, this is to give lower level players an incentive to upgrade.

We could possibly have different Token milestones for different PH levels, but these would also have to have drastically different reward trees (as it'd be silly for a PH4 to receive the same rewards as a PH11, as battles get more complex the higher level you go). This would not only be very time consuming to both create and maintain (as mentioned in another thread, we often tweak the rewards on an event by event basis - instead of going through 30 rewards once, we'd have to do so nine times), but also would throw up other issues (what happens if a player upgrades their PH mid-event, etc).

4. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Thanks for the explanation.
    I can’t say I agree with the idea of setting an impossible goal for a junior player as being an incentive to upgrade.
    I do however, appreciate that their are many more rewards in the early stages for them.

5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

If the PH4 player goes in with realistic expectations, knowing that finishing the event is for higher level PHs, there would be less disappointment.

6. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

When the PH4 gets sick of hearing how the events are only designed for the higher levels only to finish, and how it used to be that clearing the first map resulted in a 1000 gem reward which got you the 4th builder, etc, what’s to stop them from thinking the game is designed only for the higher levels.
    My concern is that we need to encourage our juniors for the good of the games future. At least in the guild events we can help them to more rewards.
    Or maybe I’m wrong to be thinking encouraging our future.

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I do not have an expectation to finish the event with my PH9 :oops:
    My PH11 can be done in a day or three...
    Midoki can make the events easier, but then where is the challenge for the higher PHs?
    Intimidator explained it well on another thread.

8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Ph 1-6 can be done relatively in a short amount of time if someone wanted to get there quickly. Ph 7 just around the corner and at this point can make a contribution that can be significant to rumbles and events in most higher level guilds if they chose to.