Battered Chest Drop Issues on the new Map / Way too often!

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by HornyQuokka, Nov 23, 2015.

1. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Already mentioned it in another thread, but think it might be worth an own.

Farming materials on the new map is really a pain. Regardless if i beat a 3 ***, 4**** or even 5***** mob, almost everytime(9/10) i get rewarded a Battered Chest which i can get far more easier on the old map with less time, and crew involved.

I don t have a clue why a 4 or 5 star mob even has the option to drop this mostly "useless" reward.

Farming mobs on the new map requires longer sailing times, plus harder mobs, which lead to a bigger crew loss. As more frustrating it is if u end up with Battered Chests all over.

Please look into the drop rates, at least of the 4/5 thingies.

And btw.... "The Ink" which shows as a common material, seems to be the new "Vodoo Masks"(before u changed the drop rate). Feels like get 1 out 15 or even more tries, even the rare and epic materials are easier to farm than the common Ink.

Is it just me or have other players expierenced the same issues with the new map?

John56 likes this.
  2. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

NOw where would be the challenge if they made the game more easy...!

Bit of a trade off, je need/want to explore the new map. And same for upgrading your new heroes.
    After i 100% the map i thing i Will go back to the old one for upgrading sake.

3. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Make the game more easy? Excuse me? I don t want them to make it more easy, they already made the new map harder with longer sailing times and harder mobs, thats totally OK and i understand.
    The only thing i expect is the same or near payout chances like when you farm the old map, and thats just not the case!

If its challenging for you that when u do a 3h or longer trip and beat a 4 and 5 star mob and end up just with a poor Battered Chests 9/10 tries, well ok( and i am not talking of exploring new areas, that lead to a longer sailing time!)
    For me it isn t, when i sail longer, and lose more crew i expect better pay outs.

This unbalanced pay out of the new map will just discourage free and soft gem players and maybe annoy some heavy gemmers.

And this is no whining, just a question to Midoki if this is intended. If so, no big deal. I will get my materials one way or another, i have no isses to drop 15k gems to buy chests, but it wouldn t be much fun.
    I enjoyed farming the (old) map and "earning" my materials.

4. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Haha lol.

By hard and by day i work with Numbers and with statistics. It would be great to have the pay-out rates per opponent on either of the two maps available. Can work on that but would need lots of data and need a medium for Every player to pitch in (i do not expert any of the midoki members to be willing to post all of the numbers.... Pretty PLEASE ... :p)

5. John56

John56 First Mate

I have noticed the same issue, sailing to the Eastern Merchant Ships and Eastern Pirate Ship (and sometimes to the Kraken) on the Eastern map. All offer Giant Squid Ink as a potential reward, but 6 of 7 trips I get a chest from the trip instead of the ink. Given that we need 679 Inks to max out Sadie and Greenbeard, managing 1-3 inks per day is going to make for a long slog.
    Since my Greenbeard needs Ink at every single level, it looks like he is out of luck for the next several months...

6. It being a common tier chest may be a reason, but why doesn't the same applie to materials (Vodoo masks... Etc)? That's a good question...

7. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

For now i cannot second the finding... first run for ink on the map i took down to the bottom of the sea 4 possible ink units and got ink on all of them... We have been collecting movements of units and avarage chest results but not for ship rurn out rates. That could be established by stacking al the pay-out in a database per coordinate and see What's the exact statistic of that location ship/animal on the map.

Anyone allready keeping track of these?

8. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

My stats for Battered Chests thus far:
    Crocosaurus 35% (21/60)
    Eastern Pirate Ship 24% (4/17)
    Eastern Merchant Ship 42% (8/19) and 62% (8/13)
    Lesser Smooth Wyrm 38% (3/8)
    Everything else I've only hit once so far.

So yes, there are quite a few battered chests but I bet it's not 90% as you describe.

Kamikazemug likes this.
  9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

My stats for Giant Squid Ink: Chance of getting at least one ink directly (not from a chest) / kills
    Eastern Pirate Ship 59% (10/17)
    Eastern Merchant Ship 21% (4/19) and 38% (5/13)

Kamikazemug likes this.
  10. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Like I said before: I just love those numbers. It is a pain keeping them up but ones you are at it and see the results slowly unfold... Again great work. Could we help/assist in any way?

11. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Unfortunately I don't trust anyone other than myself to maintain these stats.
    Nothing personal, I've just encountered a fair amount of... interesting people in my life.
    You could maintain your own? Once you have a template made its really not much work.
    If you don't have your spreadsheet open in front of you when your journey ends,
    Screenshot your journey before collecting rewards,
    Collect each reward in order, screenshotting each.
    Plug in data later.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

I've worried about the same issue when I do my analysis as well
    unintentional bias really screws with sampling
    I'd always be too worried someone would only report the one time they got really good or really bad results, and that would skew things too much.

Kamikazemug likes this.
  13. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

In "normal life" I'm a reliability engineer at a large farmaceutical company. I ABSOLUTELY know what you are talking about when it comes to data integrity.

Fortunately I have 3-4 other players into data just like me and they aid in the process. After every streak I get al the chest in order by print screen. And mists of the time additional message "4 chests from the map). Hence we have collected hundreds of chest results, but I do register whom put the data in.

Also, what he beginning of the chest age we did a "race". Print screen of 100 chests and then the results posted in excel. Only those 3-4 players collected up to a 100 and I do trust the data. No (statistical) large enough spread to indicate bogus input. Except for 1 player, but he was ph6 oppossed to our ph9, very kuch lower pay out rates for gold grog EP en BP. That is wehen we realised that turn out was also phal based. @Beck [Midoki] I would like to see this corrected to equal pay out, this would allow the lower players to "catch up" a bit with their BP and EP related upgrades (mostly Academy and the lighthouse). Academy is a bit mutch it you also uwe Bp for LEgendairies nowadays.

Skye likes this.
  14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yeah, when taking chest results from anyone else that wants me to analyze them, I make them either record a long list of results, or send me a ton of screenshots of back to back openings (so I know nothing is being omitted). I already have decent approximations for several kinds of chests though so I haven't been taking results lately.

Wonder if you could gain any more meaningful data from my results :p I always figured I could do more with it, but haven't been bothered to look closer than I have.

15. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Just NOw i got out of a "end year financial drink session" always amazed how mutch these finacial fruit aces can drink...

I know that Phall 9 used to get average of 210EP near BP out of chests and ph6 roughly 170 avarage.
    I could never pinpoint if there was more of less items (voodoo iron you know, any of that) turned out. Looked the same to me.