Battered Chest Received When Not a Potential Loot Reward

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by typhoon, Nov 19, 2015.

1. typhoon

typhoon Powder Monkey

I defeated the Imperial Ship on the Eastern Seas map and received Grog and a Battered Chest. As you can see from the image below, a battered chest is not one of the potential loot items.
    [​IMG]

HornyQuokka likes this.
  2. Something similar happened to me with the crocosaurus around j4/j5. It rewarded me with Gunpowder (directly from killing it NOT from battered chest) and it isn't even a potential loot. I wish I had a capture of it tho... So it's something likely to happen time to time I guess...

3. typhoon

typhoon Powder Monkey

I had the same issue with the crocosaurus giving me gunpower once. I thought I imagined it but since you also mentioned it now I believe it did happen.

4. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

It has happened to me too! It was when the new map just came out and I was so happy for the update I didn't care, but now seeing that it has happened to others I think midoki is planning an early April Fools...

5. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Some of them can drop more items than the screen allows to be shown. You're only seeing 5 potential items but there can be more.
    The croc can drop shark teeth, crocodile tears, gunpowder, battered chests, gems, ep and grog :)

6. Quetzal

Quetzal Powder Monkey

Same here, got gunpowder 2 times from crokosaurus

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately there's a UI issue at the moment that means that some of the sea battles that have more than five potential rewards are missing some of them - for example, the Crocosaurus can drop Gunpowder and/or Battered Chests (which aren't listed) as well as Grog, Gems, EP, Crocodile Tears and Shark Teeth (which are).

8. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki]
    Regarding the Battered Chests, i figured that on the new map you get a lot more of these cheap rewards, even when u beat a 4 or 5 star monster/ship. Like 9/10 times. Its pretty annoying. I wouldn t complain,mwhen at least some common materials drop(like the "Ink" which is stated as common material but drops like a superrare!). Is this intended?

9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@HornyQuokka i think ink has the same drop rate as the old voodoo mask drop rate...:p

HornyQuokka likes this.
  10. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Yes, it really seem so. Guess i have to buy 100 x 40 gem chests to get some adn just delete all the other materials these chests will give me. ;)

11. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

I stoped collecting voodoo all together...

More important: i am craving for that ink (the goat is a mean story writer for kids, hence the heaps of ink required)

12. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Vodoo Masks are way more easy to get now, after Midoki buffed the drop rate. Just as a common material should be. Maybe the can do the same for the Ink.

13. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] out of the 6 common materials only a few are even common. Maybe you could put some as "uncommon"? :p

14. typhoon

typhoon Powder Monkey

I also received Grog + Battered Chest for the 5* Ghost Ship near the top middle of the Eastern Map. Seems to me that the easiest solution to this UI issue is to just limit the number of potential rewards on those 5* battles. We have complained on other threads about having a battered chest as a reward for a difficult attack and a long sail. I was actually excited when I first saw the list of rewards and noticed that the battered chest was not listed and said to myself, "Hey, they finally got it right on this new map." Unfortunately it appears that you just made it more complex and introduced new UI issues because of it.

15. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

If you would like another meganism you could also rotate the items. After Every battle the "Next up" reward would show. To still get the same pay-out rate, you just know what is coming.

On the other hand, the fun and exitement of the unexpected( and sometimes jaw dropping) reward would also be over....:eek: