Best Tavern for the Rich

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by c00ni, Apr 1, 2016.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Assuming grog is no problem, what would you think the ultimate 70 (or 80 incl guild ship) tavern is to ensure 3 stars against most bases?

2. Iqbal

Iqbal Powder Monkey

Depending opponent island

3. bucket

bucket First Mate

I usually use 27 Gunners, 5 juggs, 8 sky raiders, 8 bombers, 1 witch doctor, 2 heavy gunners. Then 10 more high lvl gunners on guild ship( which i use about 25% of the time). The lp I choose most of the time is either black bart or tinto. With this combo I can take out almost any base if the wind is blowing in the right direction.

4. Christy

Christy Commodore

I'm not sure about a tavern BUT I do think it would be fun to drop every single LP at once and see what happens just for fun :)

5. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Is She serious? What kind of a buzz kill to have world without our Sadie. She is an All-Star. And we use her Sadie meadow muffins for fertilizer, lol :D

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I guess I was too broad

Okay, how about for example, is it *always* better to have 1xHG over 5xGunners if you don't count the grog cost?

Are 3 WDs too many?

Etc etc

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

It would depend on LP choice, defense placement, and attack strategy.

If you're spreading your troops out more, having an extra WD is nice; I keep one in reserve in case mine doesn't follow the troop I want, then I can drop the second one and try again - and it also works nicely to have two groups and flank a base, with one WD in each group. Carrying a spare is good.

1HG is only definitively better than 5 gunners if it is boosted by Ching or Tinto. Otherwise, if the 5 gunners can stay alive for a majority of the time the HG does, the gunners will probably do more damage. Plus they make more resurrected skeletons, which have 500HP+100 TG HP each. There's a balance between gunners and HG though - too many gunners, and they are too at risk to splash; too many hg and the dps starts to get too low and clearing side buildings becomes tough.

I've been pushing my army to see how expensive I can make it while still getting a relatively easy 3* (I don't have much else to do with grog, so its fun). You've seen my current build; 14 gunners, 8 bombers, 4 juggs, 2 wd, 6 hg, and a priestess. When I push it up to 8 HG, it still wins but the timer gets closer to running out. If I drop it to 4 HG, the timer also is generally closer to expired, so the sweet spot for my attack strategy is probably in the middle there. If I used GS troops, I'd probably use the extra 10 slots on HG over gunners though; 14 is definitely enough gunners for me but some are still needed to clear the side buildings.

I don't consider grog to be a limiting factor, I'm more concerned with slots. You can only cut gunners so far before side buildings become a problem, you can only cut bombers so far before thick walls are too difficult to get through, cutting a WD means you have to attack from an angle where you can destroy bunkers before they do too much damage, cutting juggs means you have to take out defenses faster and be more mindful of splash. There's a minimum of how many you need to do a job, and then the rest is best spread to personal preference. I found that number to be 14 gunners and 8 bombers for me

Ultimate Sea Dog likes this.