Black screen: game irregularity stops

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Broadside, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Broadside

Broadside Crew

I've had a succession of issues on Nexus 6 Android. Game goes to a black screen randomly or persistently on launching the app. The Black screen freeze sometimes just needs me to relaunch app. Twice it's persisted and recurs each time the app is launched. I can fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling, but I've had to do that twice in last 2 hours (end of a hot rumble).

The crash/freeze has happened at launch, during streak when loading new bases, when loading northern seas map, when bringing up guild info screen.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy! Could you send an in-game support ticket so that we can investigate futher? Please include your device model number (as there's differences between the US, Chinese and Internation variants of the Nexus 6) and Android version that you're running.

3. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Ok, done.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

OK, we've put out a new update on the Play store (the new version number is 3.1.3 (1000817) - you can check it in the Help section of the in-game Log), if you grab that one and let us know if that's improved matters, please let us know.

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

What? Is it the game? It happens to me too, twice- the pad went black when i was online in Plunders, but it also shut down. That happens about 3 hours ago.

The update i have seen in app store, but i didn't download yet, because i don't like the yellowish shade what the game has now- saw it on my sons phone game yesterday :confused:. To much yellow and the green is not green... to much yellow everywhere. Is it AGAIN only me who is "complaining" about that? I know from other players that they are not so happy about the yellow. It looks the same like when you filter out the blue light on your phone, to make it eye-friendlier.

But i can't sent in game ticket, because something else is wrong too. After the ipad shut down and i put it charging, it doesn't charge at all anymore. There were 20%, when i plugged it. Battery is fully empty now, doesn't charge at all, but it makes the sound that it is plugged for charging... i have iPad 4. generation and the 10.3.3 or so, not 11. Never got the update.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

This is an Android issue. I'm not sure what you mean about stuff being yellow and not green, graphically nothing has changed from the standard non-snow graphics. It's certainly not something I've seen on any of the iOS devices in the studio (got an iPad Air, Air 2 and 2017 iPad on my desk!). We've not had any reports as of yet about yellowy graphics either. :/

7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I mean the sand looks more yellow now and the grass has a little bit a softer green which goes a bit in the yellow direction. The contrast is softer. It is difficult to explain without a picture, but i heard that from an iPad air player too, that the colors(the green from the grass) are different then they were before the snow.
    I update the Samsung Galaxy TabA game and look if the colors are the same( more yellow touch) like on the Honor 7 lite and if they are i can sent you also a in-game ticket(screenshot) from my mini.

in-game ticket is on the way with a screen shot from the mini on Samsung Galaxy Tab A

On new year came a andoid version update... 7.1.1, Samsung Expierence-versio

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Hi Lynsey, I've got the update and it looks like it's fixed it (I've given it a good bit of time and haven't had the issue come back)! That was some fast work by your devteam!

9. StevenSeagal

StevenSeagal Powder Monkey

Upgrade your system may solve the problem.