Brute AI

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Bryce, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Bryce

Bryce Powder Monkey

Just saw this a couple times, but after being dropped the brutes will attack the first building they see before targeting defences.

2. Razor

Razor Crew

They will only go for the defences if they are attacked by them
    Edit: They apparently have a radius equal to the cannon level 5 where they will start going for defences.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. Bryce

Bryce Powder Monkey

The more you know..

4. They actually have a radius where they will go after defenses. It's pretty much the same size a lvl5 cannon ;)

5. Razor

Razor Crew

Wait they have a radius? Wow I thought it was when they were attacked by a defence.
    Do they stop attacking a building if a mortar hits them where their is a defence in their radius @Sir Bugsalot?

6. I can understand why, as the radius is so close to the radius of so many defenses :)
    But the mortar for example has a much larger radius and Brutes don't always run to it when attacked.

7. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

The Things You Learn Are Always Intresting

8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've noticed attacking Brutes just walk through my walls. No bashing, just walk through like the walls weren't there. But again, my replays have disappeared.

9. chris_n26

chris_n26 Powder Monkey

I'm also seeing brutes walking through my walls as if they weren't there. Is this supposed to be a bug, because it's giving players such an edge when plundering my town.

10. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

They're not walking through walls, they are most likely being thrown over the wall from a mortar impact.

Flowers likes this.
  11. chris_n26

chris_n26 Powder Monkey

Thanks Chris, looks like mortar fire does push brutes through walls, however I'm yet to see a brute be pushed away from the direction of a mortar (always towards the motar which means through the wall, what's up with this?). But after watching a few more battle vids I've come to the conclusion that brutes can also walk up to my cannon and if there's a wall somehow be in the square that occupys the wall thus allowing them to bypass a wall and attack the cannon.

12. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry we know there is a problem with the troops being 'pushed' around. We're working on some new AI code as we speak :)