"Cannot upgrade X while Y"

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Neckbeard, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

You get this message in two places: clicking upgrade on the academy while training troops, and clicking upgrade on the tavern while building troops. This message bugs me for two reasons:

1. If we can't upgrade the building, why not just take the upgrade button away? The upgrade button disappears in other cases when we can't upgrade something, like the ship while exploring, and every building while already upgrading.
    2. For the tavern, once you start the upgrade you can train troops anyway. It only needs to be idle for just the moment when you start the upgrade. So we have to cancel our troops, start the upgrade, and then re-queue. Why not just let us start the upgrade while troops are building then?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

The second reason you mentioned has made me laugh. it is silly

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I agree that buildings that have upgrades available should be able to upgrade regardless of what they are doing at the time UNLESS they are the perk buildings.

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I agree with this. I often find myself looking at the upgrade and the changes, but I can't since I'm building troops:D

5. Castle Clash alowed you to upgrade anything and you could continue to use it regardless of this so mines mills vaults camps hero bases and even towers could still be used at the lvl they were at before the upgrade was payed for untill it's completion.