Clicking on map gold/grog producers is boring

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Neckbeard, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

The gold/grog icons that pop up in the exploration map are lame. They produce so little and there are so many of them by the time you open most of the map. I'm almost at the point of starting to ignore them but my OCD is preventing me.

How about if they eventually produced more loot but less often? They could level up, like mines and distilleries, to have a higher capacity and maybe (but not necessarily) even a higher production rate. This leveling could be based on how much map is exposed, which would equalize how much time we need per day to keep them serviced (because there would be more of them but each one would need to be clicked less often).

Or how about they level up based on completion of single-player battles? This could be tied into the rumored revamp of the single-player game.

Or they could be upgraded just like mines and distilleries using grog/gold.

Or, if they aren't going to be improved, could we just get a switch in the settings menu to turn them off?

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree. They are more of an annoyance than a benefit. I think someone said they average around 30k/day in resources. Also frequently suggested is a Collect All button to(like requested for the town's collectors) to cut down on all this ridiculous map tapping.

Ebow and Neckbeard like this.
  3. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

A Collect All button would help a lot. But leveling them up would be more fun. Actually: they should do both! :D

4. Excalibur

Excalibur Powder Monkey

Yes, I like the idea of auto collect button! In addition, I wish in the future update that strongholds would reset once a week so we can raid those yummy loot again ;)

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I doubt that would happen, but it has been mentioned by devs that they would make the strongholds available until you perfect 3star them.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

...and it was also mentioned that in the future, strongholds may regenerate over time.

alebvk likes this.
  7. Winter Is Coming

Winter Is Coming Powder Monkey

I think it would be more interesting if they were either a mining type of operation where you would need to spend manpower to keep them going or a form of tax and you might have to enforce tribute. Either way it would stop magically appearing all the time.

8. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I would absolutely love if they gave maybe 200k~ day, so I like the idea of them giving more, or being upgradeable or something. About the "collect all" button I couldn't care less, it's only 2 seconds spent collecting. :)

Raptelan likes this.
  9. Tex

Tex Commodore

Seems like they could use the same logic for a collect all button that is used to rearm all mines. What's so difficult about that? Or in the user settings give us ability to indicate what % full collectors should be before showing collect button. It's also frustrating when your storages are completely full, but the collect button still shows up. Come on Midoki, make the UI better than other games in this genre.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I thst topic, I'd like to be able to click on the pirate hall and have a rearm mines/flame Gate button

Raptelan and Ian like this.
  11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

The fact that gold/grog rewards on the map and errands do not scale to PH level makes them pretty worthless. I wouldn't mind clicking 30 buttons if I got more out of it.

12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

If strongholds were to regenerate, I would DEFINITELY go out and bash Captain Tinto first thing and then mop up Boozy Burt. As for the strongholds, maybe not...

13. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder Powder Monkey

or maybe you have to make your ship go and collect the resources for you. No not 1,000 grog/gold like 100,000 depending on your PH lvl and grog/gold storages

14. Fyre

Fyre Powder Monkey

+1 on collect all button

15. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

The sea topic was covered by Skye I think, have read the post ass well Never bothered by simply clicking the map and collect information them (5 sec job)

Collect all button for collectors hase been requested too, many times over. But I do not see the benefit of this.. Again, 5 sec and all collectors are collected opposed to select collector, select collect all (must be separate for gold and grog so twice that action...) must also be wel over the 5 sec to collect all mannually!

The better suggestion (also made by many in separate suggestion steams would be to HIDE option buttons. This would be great for:
    - Gold and grog stores if collecting is not possible
    - Voodoo if no upgrades are left
    - Academy if no upgrades are left

These suggestions should be combined as a "hide the building actions" action for a following update.
    Hope this summary could be bumped as high as possible but possibly @Lynsey [Midoki] could give a status update on the topic as it has been mentioned here ant there over te course of a year I believe. Thnx in advance!