Coming up in Plunder Pirates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 1, 2015.

1. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I don't know what they were thinking about chests. But what you get in them is garbage. Why have gold, grog Bp in them when that's what you get without a chest. so why bother having chests at all. a big load of crap who ever thought that up

2. bucket

bucket First Mate

I think the ep and gold need to be taken out of the chests period. Maybe leave those in for battered chests, but these items should not appear at all in gemmed chests or Davy Jones chests. I love having the bp in the battered and merchant chests because bp is so hard to obtain anymore. However materials for upgrading lps need to be more available in chests than they are now. Hopefully this is coming in next updates.

Maverick likes this.
  3. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

For those of us who are PH8-9 and are pumping up 5 or 6 LPs, then yes the chests may seem weak regarding loot. Endgame players complaining about early game rewards..... But for those starting out maybe only a month or two into the game casually playing, those chests may seem like Ali Baba's secret stash.

Shonda La likes this.
  4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Uggh... not really... my friend's a PH4 and he hates these garbage...

5. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Why do some of us have a little green tag in the top left of our avatar? I only noticed them a few days ago.

6. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Shows your online? Guessing.

7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Ooh that might be it, I never seen it before, it must be new is it?

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Its been around for a while.

9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Goes to show how much attention I pay to things haha.

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

11. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Kinda surprised we haven't seen Update 1 from Lyndsey's list yet. This month ain't getting any younger.

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

If you have a green dot it means the eye in the sky is watching you.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

In the mean time, for the players farming masks:

Plan the shortest voyage possible to only fight the closest green kraken (tap it to make sure its the right one) that gives a mask; its usually within 2 hours journey. If you fight it 6-8 times a day, and two of those times is a mask (with a chance to be 2 or 3 masks), you'll make steady progress. I get masks on average about every 2-3 times I fight it, there are runs where it takes much longer, and there are runs where I get a bunch back to back.

The other option is to farm battered chests. Each of the three slots has a 1/5 chance to have a material, which has a 1/6 chance to be masks (or any other common/uncommon item), for about 3.66% chance of being a mask or two, and you can easily farm up a chest every hour. If you're good about always keeping your ship out, and pull in 10 chests a day, its very likely at least one of them will have masks - on average you'll probably get 1-2 of each of the 6 materials every day.

I chain the two methods together, I kill about 7 monsters, one being the green kraken, every 3.5 hours on average. This makes steady progress with all common materials. The rare ones from 4* are what take a lot of time!

14. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Maintenance happening now. Plz plz be the files for the update

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

Am I the only one that would love to see a seperate tavern for recruiting our ships? Or maybe a way to recruit them through the ship itself? I hate sending out my ship when I have expensive troops in my tavern :( I would love to have have any way to recruit my battle troops and my sailing troops in seperate areas. It would definitely help me send my ship out more often. Especially in times of low grog.

16. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I'd love that esp with all we need the ship for, that's almost a separate game now.

17. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Any more updates Lynsey? Been a bit quiet the last few days.

Hope you and the team are well :)

18. More likely they just took the 3 day weekend off and showed up for work again.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, no long weekends here!

As mentioned in one of the other threads, there's still no news on submission at the moment, I'm afraid.

20. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

Thanks Lynsey for the heads up! I'm excited for the next map and quartermasters rank. With the new map does that mean Greenbeard, Sadie, Ceaser, Captain Tinto, Jean and Blackbart will be added? Also when they are, is there going to be room in the legendary fort?