Defensive Win Gets a Few Gems

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Super-Nor, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

How about if defensive wins gave the defender a gem or three? One could come back to a few gems a day to help with rearming those expensive mines.

lady blackbeard likes this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I want to pose a reason why this shouldn't happen:

Imagine mega guild with 5 subguilds arranges a rumble, with all 5 guilds participating.
    Since guildmates are rivals, you can guarantee anyone with a rival banner is an ally, and it will be extremely easy to find them.
    Guild spends rumble forfeiting to each other, hundreds of times per member, giving all of them tons of free gems.
    Members go through defense log, revenging and forfeiting the revenges, to get even more free gems.

In the course of a week, I could see a dedicated guild giving each player several thousand free gems.

Robin Blood and Spongee like this.
  3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

After hearing your explanation @Skye, I am now all for it! :D Free gems for everyone!! It would stimulate a substantial increase in rumbles. Albeit, probably not exactly how Midoki would prefer :eek:

Robin Blood likes this.
  4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Maybe only for those who already buy gems?

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I don't think rewarding defenses is a bad thing, I just don't thing gems are the right reward. A bit of grog perhaps?

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  6. Squirt

Squirt Crew

yes, more grog would be a welcome reward

getting rewarded some PP pts on defensive wins during rumbles would be great as well

peg-brain bob, Skye and Robin Blood like this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

PP for defenses would be nice too. Although I could see that falling into a similar abuse category if its too many points, with guilds pumping each others scores up thru forfeits to gain rewards on the seasonal leaderboard.

8. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Defensive wins shouldn’t be +0 PR :confused: I get it the high PR should be a challenge, but a defense win is tough to get! Would be nice to see this changed to give some reward for winning a D from any rank player.

Heatmiser4 likes this.