Does anybody have an estrategy of promoting pirates?

Discussion in 'Guild Strategies' started by Eka, May 1, 2015.

1. Eka

Eka Powder Monkey

I'm a new captain and I'm kinda lost about promoting my crew. I'll appreciate the help

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

you want to promote a pirate from cabin boy to crew to first mate?

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

In AG we only promote active pirates who participate in chat to crew. First mate is only given to long time members, and it's rare.

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

This can be done either through the roster or the chat window.... select the crew member; tap on the (R) side square then select "promote"
    Who you promote and when you promote is up to you; Promotions are not a right or should be expected; The top guilds promote their top players, but generally speaking promote those that work hard, are active in chat & perk donations, and most importantly you can trust (remember once promoted they can promote, demote and kick as well). Also demotions are handed out for getting their attention of a member or for behaviour not in the interest of the guild. Hope this helps.

Christy likes this.
  5. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

The big thing to remember if if you give power people will use it. I have a stable guild so we have a lot of power given out, when accepting a new member just be careful in case you get a rogue player. I always make sure they chat before I give any promotions.

On the power subject:
    First mates: can kick crew and cabin boys ( they can't kick first mates)
    Crew: can kick crew and cabin boys
    Cabin boys: can kick cabin boys
    They recently updated the game so you can see who kicked who which is great news as captain you can track this.
    First mates can post perks on chat which is a great reason to have as many people as FIrstmates as possible to keep perks funded and they can't kick each other.
    ----- some of the permissions above is from memory .. forum members please correct if wrong ----

In British Bulldogs, cabin boys are for new members who have not chatted yet or ppl who may get kicked soon.
    Crew is for everyone - I hate cabin boy name and wouldn't want to be one myself so I promote people to crew as soon as I can.
    First mates - when starting I picked a couple of players I trusted, as I now have a stable guild I try and get as many players to first mates as I can. We all vote on first mate rank for a rank Push to add to the challenge.
    I am sure when PP does wars in the future it will change the dynamics of promotions.

Hope it helps and good luck with your guild

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

We vote. Any good pirate crew will vote on these matters.