Friday's Trade Ship Will Be Here Soon. Is Midoki Listening to Its Disgruntled Pirates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirate Christian, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] @Chris [Midoki] @Beck [Midoki]

Friday's trade ship will be here in a couple of days. Has Midoki listened to its disgruntled players? Will y'all stop sending the same LPs every week and stop making dumb luck the only way to acquire certain LPs?

I certainly hope so because I'm officially on strike and will not purchase any more gems until y'all stop sending me the same LPs.

As a veteran player, I'm voting with my pocket book against Midoki's roll out of the LPs. If y'all want to keep my business and EARN more of my dollars then y'all are going to have to stop sending the LPs I have and send me the ones I want.

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

lol
    they are listening and laughing at us!

they will do whatever they want! if they really wanted to fix anything or become the best game of the year, they would have done it long ago.

they dont care if u buy gems or not, upper in the chain leaderboard players are buying gems.

Alphafox likes this.
  3. Pirate Christian

Other players will also stop buying gems or just abandon the game altogether if Midoki keeps this up.

SaK likes this.
  4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I doubt that to be the case. So when you finally get your sixth LP what then? Protest for the next six LPs to be offered prematurely?

5. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

They will continue to release the LP in the very same way. We all complain & bitch but we all still buy gems & play on. I'm buying more gems than usual lately not less haha.

6. SaK

SaK First Mate

its not about shouting for the next lp; we just wanna have some respect from midoki, some small gifts, surprises, each week atleast one lp
    they just dont know how to do business and satisfy the customers...bunch of idiots.

cmooneey likes this.
  7. Pirate Christian

This is not about finally getting the sixth LP. This is about the insulting decision made by Midoki to make LP acquisition a matter of dumb random luck so that some players are randomly rewarded while others are randomly kept in the cold.

What can I do to finish my LP collection? Answer: Nothing but pray, cross my fingers, throw salt over my shoulder, knock on wood, or sacrifice a chicken, I'm not sure what it will take.

How long will this go on? Answer: There is always someone who will be permanently left in the cold by dumb random chance because that's just how random chance works.

LP recruiting via random chance = a very dumb and insulting decision by Midoki that will result in lost revenue because people don't play games like this to be insulted and frustrated week after week.

cmooneey and SaK like this.
  8. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

You must have alot of business and game development experience, huh?

9. Pirate Christian

10. Pirate Christian

The fact that Midoki has Unsatisfied customers who are outspoken and vocal and are refusing to purchase their merchandise and encouraging others to do the same is a sign that they've lost touch with their loyal customer base.

It behooves Midoki to listen to their loyal customers and do what it takes to turn them from being critical to those who recommend their products. I guarantee that if that trade ship shows up again and is only offering the same LPs as those offered in the weeks past that more loyal customers will become extremely dissatisfied.

SaK likes this.
  11. SaK

SaK First Mate

Exactly...better than u at least

12. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

My apologies, I didn't realize you were a child.

Alphafox likes this.
  13. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Indeed. I remember a recent customer service ranking list where I currently did business with 8 of the top 10.
    When looking at the poor performers, most of the names were no surprise, some I was glad to stop supporting years ago.

Two ways to manage this game's future would be to focus on milking each transaction to the max, OR aim for lower profit per transaction, strong communication with player base, and in turn expect more profit from a wider base of happy players (less profit per transaction, but growth in numbers who play).

Midoki has enjoyed many compliments for the relative affordability of the game compared to competitors, but consider the LP update:
    - Exceptionally rare materials, poor randomization of chests and drops.
    - Increased cost to gem tavern
    It appears the trend is to expect larger investments per player, accepting the inevitable negative response that follows; it seems the Forum presence of the staff has decreased (at least their postings seem down).

Pirate Christian and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  14. SaK

SaK First Mate

Haha...funny man...good sense of humour.

15. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

This is a farming game. if the LPs were easy to get and max then you would all be bored. give it some time and you will have all the LPs and be bored again; this game teaches you patience and it seems like many need to learn some.

SitFlyer_, John56, Burnz and 2 others like this.
  16. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Haha AF, your tune may be different if you din't get Ching last week ;).

Skillzone10 likes this.
  17. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Agreed on patience, not getting Ching causes me no great harm, though I expect her this week.
    But some other points on Forum have less to do with patience.
    Long trips to a Ghost ship should put out Silver or Citrine or both, not 45k gold.
    Patience is expected with LPs if you're not wealthy, but abysmal randomization is frustrating to even patient people.
    Realize that some LPs requiring Epic items likely take years unless chests are purchased.

TBaggins likes this.
  18. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Many of you are missing a point...not all LP are created equal and some may have a better chance of showing up than others.
    Consider these odds....the main 4, that most have but not all, are the common LP. The other 2 current LP are considered rare...If you got one of them then you should feel lucky. Those that have bad luck on that moment the ship arrives and have a sense of entitlement...well......boo hoo.....

TBaggins likes this.
  19. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Bad communication from Midoki and assumptions from pirates here is the source of all this angst.

SaK and TBaggins like this.
  20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

The only reason those 2 are rare is because they are the last to be released, no other reason. We could have said the same thing about Annabelle in week two, she's rare because only a few have her.

SaK and TBaggins like this.