Gold n Grog percents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Hi @Lynsey [Midoki] - could you explain and possibly post the percentages of how much gold n grog can be stolen based on how much you have? For example, it seems that if you have about 4 million of either resource, an opponent can take about 25%! But, from what I can remember, when someone has maxed resources, an opponent could take at most about 13-15%, maybe? I am confused as to why someone can take so much at around the 4-5 million mark but not so much when you have 18-20 million. Can you please explain this and possibly post some numbers?

thank you!

-Oak

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Crickets...

@Lynsey [Midoki] , are you still monitoring this forum? (Maybe you’re on vacation?)

3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Wow.. I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt but it truly does seem @Lynsey [Midoki] is no longer monitoring the forum. I guess it was bound to happen eventually but a heads up would have been nice.. oh well I guess..

Thanks anyways,

-Oak

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'm still here! Been a bit rammed recently due to having to combine work with homeschooling. I'll see if I can get those figures for you.

Sea Patriot and Black-ish Beard like this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Right! So... it's complicated, and varies according to a) the player's total resources, b) the distribution between storages and mines/distilleries, and c) the amount stored in a storage or mine.

You can steal up to 50% of the resources in mines, but then that value is capped at 20% of the maximum possible that can be stored in the mines for their current level (so the attacking player can't end up taking most of a player's resources). So, if a mine can store 100 gold, the max you can get is 20 gold. If that mine only has 50 gold in, you can only get 20 gold, as 25 would be 50%, but 20 is the 20% total cap for that mine's full capacity. If that mine only has 10 gold in, you can get 5 gold.

It's a similar thing for storage, except you can steal up to 25% of resources in them, and then the value is capped at a value ranging from 20% of the maximum possible for that storage at level 1, down to 10% at level 17.