Guild Banners

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by SH302, Oct 2, 2014.

1. awbo

awbo Captain

Looks nice and the size seems fine to me.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but you can make your banner into a link that will take you to your recruitment page or whatever. In the code editor, wrap your existing text in an url tag with square brackets. I can't type code here, but use: open square bracket, url="http whatever the link is etc ", close square bracket. Then at the very end: open square bracket, forward slash, the word url, close square bracket. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Isles dT likes this.
  2. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Thanks for the tip, awbo - I hadn't read that elsewhere! I kinda got it working but can't seem to make the closing URL tag disappear. I added it below my image using the forum sigblock editor, but I think you're saying if I incorporate it into the image itself then the whole banner becomes a link? That'd be cool...

Here's what I added via sigblock editor, in case you can spot my mistake:

(Aww shoot, I can't post code here either lol)

Thanks!
    dT

3. Select your image and then use the (hyper)link function.

Isles dT likes this.
  4. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

It worked!! Thanks awbo, & Fish Eyed Pirate for pointing out that function :)

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

You need a / (forward slash) rather than a \ (back slash) before the final URL.

You need the 2 sets of square brackets at either end of the url for your banner.

Hope this helps,
    Peg-Brain

Edit: oops too late! :)

Isles dT likes this.
  6. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Thanks, Peg-Brain!
    (wow if I ever had html coding skills in my brain, they've rusted right out.. thanks for the fix)

7. Floki

Floki Captain

Time for a new banner me thinks..

Christy likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It kinda does, and there are quite a few like that. The reason is because Midoki regrettably opted to use a larger max width than what we all discussed and agreed upon (and those sizes were agreed upon for a reason). So while your banner's size is 100% fine according to the guidelines, the extra width Midoki allowed makes it look large relative to the others who are using our agreed-upon width.

Personally, I'll always keep our banner smaller than the max, because that's keeping with the spirit of the whole "less is more" idea, but I won't think less of any guild who uses the max size :)

9. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Hi @Kelani - lol I was going by an old post of yours from back in June (800 x 200 max I think) but I probably missed later discussion. Either way, I agree with you.. much nicer to err on the conservative side and keep the sig block light. If I could manage to add text below the banner like you did, the banner could shrink by a long shot! Every time I try, i get an error message saying that my sig block is one line too long.. even though there's nothing but the banner and one line of text. I'll try squishing it waaay down, see if the 113 height was causing the error message. Thanks!

10. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

How's this, @Kelani? Seems to fit the space better ... thanks for having a look :)

Kelani, Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  11. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

We love our one, thanks to one of our FM's @The Killer :D

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think it looks great! Nice job, and kudos for taking the conservative route. :)

Glad to see you got the text worked out. Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole 1 URL limit. That has never been a problem AFAIK. IMO, as long as the URLs fit in the allowed text space, what difference does it make how many there are?

Isles dT likes this.
  13. awbo

awbo Captain

For us OCDers you could centre it now ;)

Kelani likes this.
  14. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Aaaaugh now I'm noticing lol -- will for sure fix that!!

awbo and Kelani like this.
  15. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

I'm late to this party , lol :D

16. But you come late with style! Great banner design mate!

Mad Max and flyingdoucheman like this.
  17. flyingdoucheman

18. flyingdoucheman

Christy and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
    Christy, Mobotts and flyingdoucheman like this.
  20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Mobotts and flyingdoucheman like this.