Guild Event: Sailing

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by Intimidator, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just curious how other guilds are liking the event and where you stand? We have 30 in the guild and are just over 265k after 14h. I'm expecting those numbers to drop, as a lot of us did 2d+ trips set out before the event start. Feel free to post and update here: How many you have in the guild and how you are doing. Good luck everyone!

Tiger Lilly, Tessa Rose and Blueberry like this.
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Intimidator we are very close at the same point in time (278k). We have a mixed Guild of 48 with varying levels of PH and activity level. (Not all our members started prior to the event, so a few are playing catchup)

3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

5d 8h left. We are around 372k tokens. Expecting that number to jump again in the next 12-24h with trips dues back anytime :)

Tiger Lilly, Tessa Rose and Blueberry like this.
  4. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

We are at 567k in 100PS, with 50 players.
    At 418k in a guild of 43 with alt account.

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

5 days 2 hours left, 41 members with 472k tokens.

Tessa Rose, Intimidator and Blueberry like this.
  6. McQ

McQ Captain

550k with 47 members in DUI with just over 5 days left. On schedule to complete the event, or get pretty damn close.

Tiger Lilly, Ian, Tessa Rose and 2 others like this.
  7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Took a bit of a jump last few hours. 4d 21h left. We are now at 443,189 tokens :)

Tiger Lilly, Ian and Tessa Rose like this.
  8. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

4 days 19 hours left - just shy of 700,00 with 47/50 contributing

9. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

Wow, nice going @MorganFlint we are pleased with our progress but with 30 sailing I don't think we will reach the end. It's fun to see the tokens getting added though, and being able to see the contributions is great :) We hope to make it to the first gems at least :cool:

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

4d 15hrs - 548k down to 43 members (a few non-contributors had to walk the plank after fair warning). We don't expect to finish, but am impressed with the efforts of our members and the prizes we will achieve.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  11. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Approaching 600k with 30/30 contributing. 4d to go.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

3d17h left - at 918k with 48/50

flyingdoucheman likes this.
  13. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

2d 21h to go. 732k. I guess it's just @MorganFlint and myself posting now lol. The idea was to see where guilds of all sizes and phs fair out in the event. Didn't mean it as a brag or competition. Don't be scared to post! ;)

We have waited a long time for a guild competition of some sort. I was hoping that someone from the game might peak at this thread and see NOT including guild size into the equation going forward could be a mistake. Overall, I've had fun with the event and see it as a success. Just needs a few minor tweaks to be a true winner. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  14. I had not posted here as i had basically said most of what i had to say in the other post on Sir Henry's Guild Event

While my guild runs between 40 and 50 memebers we are a farming guild with all priate hall levels and skill levels. We are relaxed bunch who enjoy the game, we manage to keep all the perks funded, and pirate requests filled, we rumble one a week most weeks - this week we are doing the event so did not rumble. When we rumble we come in 3 to 5 most rumbles. We have no minimums on rumbles and had no minimum's on this if you want to participate we encourage you todo so and if you don't we respect that. Some of our rumblers did not participate in the sail event. We play the game to have fun and the only requrements are be polite and actively play the game ( ie don't be off line for more than 5 days without telling someone before you log off the last time before your extended break) we knew the minute we saw the rewards tree that we would be luck to get 450,000 tokens - the big jump needed between 100,000 and 325,000 discouraged some of our players when day three, day four, and day five no rewards were won.

So here we sit with 2 days 17 hrs to go at 208,572 tokens by 37 members participating our top contributor has 19,000 tokens.
    So if everyone continues to contribute at the current average and noone drops out we well get to approximately 340,000. well short of our goal of 450,000 to get the rumpled closet

So yes i was intimidated to post our showing against everyone else here posting that they guild was going to finish or be close to it. Even at 50 members my guild never had a chance at finishing and we all knew this from the moment we saw the rewards tree. While my proposals to scale the tokens to the size of the guild would not have assisted my guild to get to the end - maybe it would have helped some of the smaller elite guilds complete the reward tree.

This DID however get more guild members envolved than we do on the rumble we get about 25 members in most rumbles and in this we got 37 so in that reguards is was a success.

15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Thanks for posting @Sinbad's Lady This is more of what I intended when I started the thread. It's good to know where guilds of different levels and activity stand in the event, not just the top guilds. We all know elite guilds most likely won't have an issue finishing most anything thrown at them. Gearing the whole game towards them is not really beneficial to all and long term success.

Tiger Lilly, Blueberry and Tessa Rose like this.
  16. Ian

Ian Commodore

2d 16hrs: and we are just shy of 890 tokens. The event was calculated on the individual scoring event 45k and a guild of 40 members who could achieve that. 40 x 45 =1.8mil

@Sinbad's Lady we too run a relaxed guild with a variety of PH's (5-11) and activity level (no rumbling except for Thunderstruck). We did encourage our member early and most got their ships out prior; We have had a number of non-contributors that we needed to manage, but all in all this is what being in a guild is all about, working together. We knew finishing was never an option so I challenged my guild to aim for 700k. Unfortunately a number of our members experienced 'Lost at Sea' which affected their individual and guild scores. Encouragement and communication is the key I feel, as long as the members tried that's all I ask.

Am more than happy to come by for a visit and discuss/answer any questions about sailing so as your guild will be better prepared next time.

Tessa Rose likes this.
  17. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

1day19hrs
    Rest guild (varied PH and activity levels): 467k
    Active guild (various PH levels) 42/43 : 1.005mil
    100PS (active PH 10-11) 49/50 : 1.395mil

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  18. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Just goes to show, a ship at harbor is always safe but that's not what ships were built for. " Come sail away, come sail away, come and sailllll awayyyyy with meeeeeeee. ". :rolleyes:

19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Event winding down at 1d 11h to go. 30 active members (PH 9-11)with 1,014,956 tokens. Gonna be a stretch to make it to another reward. Overall, I think we exceeded what we thought we would do initially. We had fun with it anyway.

20. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Congratulations to all guilds out there participating!:D Also I would like to take the time to say thank you to Bar None for coming together during this event even though it looks like we won't quite make it to the finish line! Well done everyone!!;)

Seawitch, Tessa Rose and Ian like this.