Guild Event: Sailing

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by Intimidator, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

nearing 500k:(

2. Trashbeard

Trashbeard Powder Monkey

Is this event update meant to encourage large guilds? I'm in a 14 person guild and there is no way for us to succeed at this size.

3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Shout-outs to American Pirates and Midnight Rustler.

Both guilds have a varied mix of PHs; got off to steady starts; & took a couple of days for almost complete membership participation...

However both have now also got over 1 Million tokens! :):D

(yeah it wasn't like I was ever sceptical of this being achieved... now where's that hat/humble pie?) :oops::p

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  4. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Speaking for Midnight Raiders were falling short of that awesome one million mark, but were all enjoying the real possibility of just passing over 700k.

This event really is fun and our chat channel has really spiked in participation during the launce.

Thank you MIDOKI!

Tiger

5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Yeah, I'm optimistic that they will tweak the guild events. We have 30 in our guild and fell a bit short of completing. Final token count prob will be 1.2-1.3m tokens. 40 members might have been able to do it!

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  6. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

The Scottish Seadogs have successfully completed this event. Fantastic teamwork from a terrific group of pirates! Right down to the wire.

Spongee, Bjays92, MorganFlint and 7 others like this.
  7. McQ

McQ Captain

DUI finished this morning. We had plans to gem the final voyages if required (few hundred gems each to win 1000 being a nett gain) but that happily wasn't needed and it was completed with a few hours to spare. Great effort from the whole guild.

8. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

Wanted to also thank Scottish Seadogs R&R for coming over to help Scottish Seadogs with the event. And not to forget "Jamie Juggs " - we were happy to have you visit and contribute to the event. Every point mattered.
    It was a fun event and brought new excitement to Plunder Pirates.
    Well done and thanks Midoki.

9. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Well even though drunkNdisorderly fell short of the finish by 200k, we still had a great time. And seeing as it was all done with no gems, the many rewards along the way feel like a freebie!

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

We had a good 5 hours to spare :D, great teamwork indeed from Scottish Seadogs. I was impressed by the amount of participation from our awesome crew. Plus the event was a real hoot, thanks Midoki!!

11. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Thanks for the shout-out @peg-brain bob :). I was ready to not like this event, but was proved wrong:oops: It wasn't the final count (we collected over 1million:cool:) that made the event, but the team participation and encouragement along the way. Well done to all the other guilds that took part:)

Spongee, peg-brain bob, Ian and 3 others like this.
  12. McQ

McQ Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] is there any way we can see the final list of individual scores? Like you get when you finish a rumble and see guild total with a breakdown.

Intimidator likes this.
  13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

TheeBar guilds all did well and the event inspired much conversation and teamwork. It was definitely more of a challenge than first glance, as the jump to the last two rewards was huge! I agree with @Scarlet Fever and @Capt. Sharky about the event promoting guild activity and comraderie, and decent rewards for just sending your ship sailing :cool:
    100PS finished the event, and Stagger Inn made it past the 500 gems which is amazing for a resting guild. Firewater, DunkNdisorderly and WhiskeyRebellion all collected the Dapper and were well in their way to final gems. :p
    Cheers also to Midoki for bringing us the first guild-wide event, and for the added wrinkle of players having to stay in one guild to participate, much like the rewards for rumbles, but for a week's time. The outcome could have been quite different, and likely frustrating to plan and coordinate if players left mid-event.

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

Congratulations @Scarlet Fever and to the members of Midnight Rustlers. 1 mil Tokens is a great effort given the range of PH and experience levels you have. Well done.

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  15. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Thank you @Ian I wonder what type of team challenge we'll see next?!:rolleyes:

16. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Tortuga finished with just over 754,000. Pretty good for 36 members/40 contributing.
    We are proud of our baby bases as a PH 6 scored 12K etc etc.

Top member put up a nice 88K!

We were aiming for 700, so 750 was a nice overshot.

Although that EP 2,000 reward at 750 is really out of place, lol... @Lynsey [Midoki]

Spongee, peg-brain bob and Ian like this.
  17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Little late posting on my own thread. DoA finished with about 1.25m tokens with 30 people. Thanks everyone for keeping us all in the loop in what other guilds were able to accomplish. I really enjoyed this first guild event! Hope it's a sign of more to come. Thanks Midoki!

Ian, peg-brain bob and Scarlet Fever like this.
  18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Do event tokens stay if a player leaves the guild mid event similar to rumble scores? I know you have to be in the guild at the start. We had one member leave early, as he was going on vacation for a few days and didn't wanna have a zero score in our rumbles. So might have only had 29 in this event....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  19. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I saw somewhere that their points stay, just like in a rumble. Not sure if a record of their score remains, because we didn't have anyone want to test it out :rolleyes:
    Thanks @Lynsey [Midoki] , I also noticed a fix - that even if players leave a guild during or after a rumble, their scores still show in the rumble log - thumbs up :)

Capt. Sharky and Scarlet Fever like this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, a player's tokens stay with the guild if they leave during an event. The in-game faq has been updated to reflect this for the next event.