Heavy Gunner firing like bunker

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Iqbal, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Iqbal

Iqbal Powder Monkey

Are you know how to make HG shooting without reload,here the tips:
    Prepare at least 2(3 HG for more optimal),if you place them at right moment at same place,you will see HG are not need reload,are you have try this

2. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Not the issue.., they are dropped few time after each other so it lookes like the fire constantly. In face the shoot after another.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

HG have a special firing strategy.
    They fire 5 bullets with .2s per shot, and then have a 1s cooldown before they can fire again (sometimes it takes longer if they're strafing or retargetting, but 1s if they're standing still). Those are the official numbers from the unit stats asset file - a clip size of 5 with .2 fire speed, and a 1s cooldown. They're the only normal troop with any sort of cooldown in addition to the normal fire speed delay.

Deploying them offset to each other will result in one firing while the other isn't sometimes, but they all individually are constrained with the 5 shots then cooldown firing behavior, and its just that one is firing while the other isn't.

Bunkers on the other hand actually fire differently. They don't pause after 5 bullets - they keep firing until their target dies or goes out of range, and then turn off and retarget having to spin back up in the process. They will happily fire 500 shots in a row at a jugg under WD without any sort of pause.

4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

On a different note, I absolutely hate when the heavy gunner gets stuck shooting at a wall when it's already breached a couple tiles over :mad:

HornyQuokka likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons for that is the way their dps works.
    Since it would be too hard to calculate ahead of time exactly how many shots it would take to destroy a wall with an arbitrary sized group of HG firing offset to each other, its probably using .2 for the fire speed, when in reality it averages out somewhere closer to .4, making the pathing think they're doing nearly twice as much dps as they actually are, significantly weighting things toward destroying the walls with their slow walk speed.

If they can destroy it in one round of shots, their fire rate will actually be .2 and their dps will be extremely high. But if they have to fire a sixth shot, theres a 1s cooldown, and the average fire rate is .4, and then the average speeds up to .3 over the next 5 shots, where it slows down to .4 again during the cooldown, etc. I'm almost positive they just don't factor the cooldown into the calculation since that's a very complicated oscillating function. You may argue that they should then use .4, but against weaker walls where a group can destroy it in 5 or less shots (or if you bring a large amount of HG that can do it that fast), it may lead to troops walking around when it would be faster to shoot through the wall, and given how much people complain about troops walking around walls and getting hit by the GP, I think its the right decision. Plus, I actually like using my HG to cut through walls. My bombers soften them up, and if the bombers can't finish the job before dying, my HG happily cut through the rest like butter.

It sucks when one HG gets caught on a wall, or each HG gets caught on a different wall, but if they are hitting the same wall it dies pretty fast.

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

This is what I'm talking about, I hate seeing a HG just siting there working away on a wall when he should be going thru a hole already made.

HornyQuokka and Pink Taco like this.
  7. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

AND....don't forget about the WD chillin' over by the HG when there's gunners over by a pile of bones!! My WD is such a tease. He always walks towards the bones then skkkrrrrrrrrrr....psych!! and follows some random troop off into its death!! Thank you Midoki....thank you!! :p

850arrr, Skillzone10 and Christy like this.