Help in choosing (and improving) base layout

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Ironhook, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ironhook

Ironhook Powder Monkey

Hi guys!

I want to ask you for help in choosing better base layout and advice for making my base better.
    I currently have layout1 from the pictures below but wanted to change it to layout2. Which layout is better according to you? Any tips for improvements for both of the layouts?

layout1:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

layout2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm upgrading my PH so in 3 days I'll have PH9 therefore more walls and defenses to further improve my island. I must say that my current layout is pretty successful (in the last two weeks I've been attacked ~10 times with only one defeat of 90% and all other wins). I personally think the layout2 is better, since layout1 can be 3*ed with good use of 1-2 hgs (the angle is a weak point). On the other hand, I was surprised that I wasn't attacked that often even though I had a lot of grog and gold (maybe it was some psychological effect that my base is tough one idk). My rank was between 200-450PR in the last two weeks.

So what do you think, should I stay with my current layout or should I change it? What are the weakest points for each of the layouts? Any helpful advice is welcomed!

Thanks and keep plundering ;)

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I think the troops may run right beside the ships.

pantura and Ironhook like this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I cannot help the enemy....;)... But if you do use the 2 layout, position the ships like you have the in your current setup. (i.e. swap them and put the docks on land.)

Ironhook likes this.
  4. Ironhook

Ironhook Powder Monkey

Because of your video Daddy P, I'm now sure that troops CAN run beside the ships :) silly me for thinking otherwise.
    Thanks Burnz, but I'll probably continue using my current layout with few changes, at least for now.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

They will run by the ships, which can be a good thing if you plan for it ;)
    Layout 1 is fairly standard, and while technically stronger against an unskilled attacker, because we've seen it so many times, expect most players to have an easy time getting 2*+

For layout 2:
    If you shave off one row of walls, you could get a 1 row thick set of walls underneath the ships to discourage them from running down the side of the ship, and since their docks are water side, they're much less likely to want to run that way. Putting the docks inland and blocking it off with a wall will definitely make them run in, and then go through that wall, should you tweak things in that direction.