HG path bug?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Edward Kenway, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yep that was the battle that really baffled me, as the opening was there to begin with & he shot through not 1, but 2 layers of wall. And yes I always drop my HG last, very last, always after the base has been breached. I can show anyone this with every single replay I have.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That's great, maybe he'll be able to witness this behaviour, as my HG is doing this a lot, it might be the way I use him, I only use one & he is always dropped last so he can clean up from range while my Skellies are in close. So by the time he gets in all the wall damage has been done, so he ends up targeting these walls instead of walking around them.

3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

[​IMG]
    HG shooting grog storage (just for context of moments leading up)
    [​IMG]
    Another clear gap the HG should have walked around. Instead shoots the wall. This is a pathfinding problem. If HG becomes too powerful by fixing this bug, just give him less attack power to balance it out.
    Gotta be a way to fix the HG. He is longstanding pirate, not a new introduction. Respectfully, we shouldn't have to guess whether a 5 slot pirate might be useful or foolish. (Didn't affect this outcome b/c I 3 starred anyhow, but it clearly affects other battles.)
    Thanks for considering @Lynsey [Midoki]

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes, I just stopped using HG, just too unpredictable, I had so many battles where he got stuck on walls with an opening right beside it, completely taking him out of the battle. The pics I posted were just my final battles with HG.

5. Becker Redbeard

Yeah, just had another attack with similar HG wall obsession. I use just one in certain situations, too unpredictable to fill tavern with more.

6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Uggh... guess what? My HG decided to destroy a wall when an opening was made BEFORE HE WAS deployed. The WD went with him, forcing me to use my 3rd one for backup....

7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea it's terrible that we are forced to stop using troops because of terrible AI, I'd love to still use my HG but with him constantly getting stuck on walls & my WD following only him he's just unusable.

8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea that's what we're talking about, I've had him shoot at walls where a natural opening (not a forced opening) was 3 squares over.

9. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Hey what's everyone complaining for - I thought you were asking Midoki for a dedicated wall breaker! :p

(Joke - before anyone actually kills me) ;)

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I've done another range boost for him to hope he does better next time... it seemed smarter to go for the cannon ability first. Maybe not after all.

11. Becker Redbeard

[​IMG]
    With all these holes, and so many buildings leveled behind the walls, HG chooses this plan:
    [​IMG]
    OK, if you really want to take out a second segement, walk through it, rather than...
    [​IMG]
    @Lynsey [Midoki] the choice to hit the third wall makes no sense, there were no additional buildings knocked down to justify retargeting another wall segment! (Trying to help and find room for game improvement; I realize there's a lot of negativity in Forum, but the bug section should be considered help from the players. The HG clearly needs some reworking.)

12. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I barely use HGs, but i know they are the game plan for most. Want to see if they start glitching more and how battling would be without them

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That is beyond a joke, it's laughable really. And the main problem is it seems to be getting worse, I was forced to drop my 1 HG from my crew because of this AI bug, he was doing it nearly every battle.
    Back to your SS, I also see not only was the HG completely taken out of the battle by this AI, the WD was too, standing there with him while the rest of your crew were slaughtered.
    I failed to get 100% in a battle yesterday due to Skellywag AI, they wouldn't walk through an opening in the wall. It's AI like this that drives me completely nuts, I really loved using my HG, but he's just so unpredictable that it's more trouble than it's worth to use him.