Hiding under a shield.

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Pirate Bee, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I personally don't think it's fair that someone can attack you and buy a shield so that you can't revenge them back. I have came across this a few times now where I wait for the attack on my base to finish and go directly to my logs to seek revenge yet the person who just attacked me is shielded. This is cowardly and should be changed.

2. Razor

Razor Crew

Hey it's their money they are wasting.

3. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

True. But maybe they can make it so you don't drop your shield when trying to attempt a revenge and finding the person is shielded.

4. Razor

Razor Crew

Wait it does that, that needs to get changed

5. They aren't buying a shield directly after attacking you. They are either still online or have already been attacked and shielded before you got to them.

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That is true. There is a cool down between shields as well so no one can have one up permanently. As ferretbuissiness points out, he could just be playing the game and so revenge fights cannot take place

7. Paldubeast

Paldubeast Powder Monkey

Question, Is there an expiration date for revenge? Cause when ever i get the chance to revenge someone my defense log got empty.. I mean, for example, someone attacked me right now, i can't revenge cause the player is online so i have no choice but to wait the next day. Then i log in back in the next day but my defense log was empty. This always happen to me. Is this bug? or something else?

8. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The main issue we're facing at the moment is hard drive space. So many fights and therefore replays are taking place that the space we currently have gets filled incredibly quickly. Do not worry though, we are just waiting for some new drives to come online and then your replays will be safe forever. Well at least for a month, we were never going to keep them longer than that anyway :)

9. Paldubeast

Paldubeast Powder Monkey

I see..

Thanks for the quick response Chris. :D
    Hope you guys get your new drives soon!

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Guess the new drives never happened...still only see replays for a few days on defense log. I don’t utilize revenge much, but have friends curious about folks hiding under shields for very long times to maintain rank, as they would love to revenge. Said to “send Midoki a ticket” :rolleyes:....

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  11. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Wow, you would keep them save for a month!! It would be nice if it would be now already 1 week or 2 at least !! COMING SOON? o_O;) @Chris [Midoki]

ups, that is a 3,5 years old comment... and still nothing has changed in all this time?? :confused::(:cool:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

ups, that is a 3,5 years old comment... and still nothing has changed in all this time?? :confused::(:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yep, dug up an ancient thread ;):confused:

13. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Ooh forum archeology! ;):p

MorganFlint likes this.