How Tex Earned 20,000 BP in 2 Weeks!

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Tex, Feb 12, 2015.

1. +1 Very useful! I'm behind on Academy and Mystic mortars, and I really don't want to farm lower levels for BP, and fighting my own still gave 18-21 BP on 3 stars. being PH8 Soon means another academy and giant mystic mortars, I'm still on the first MM's and level 5 PA lol.

2. Sleepy_toto

Sleepy_toto Powder Monkey

I have been fishing a lot lately, thanks for the tips :)
    Getting ready for all he BP needed for PH8 upgrades ^~^

3. Bakhytzhan

Bakhytzhan Powder Monkey

Here is another monster you should attack and get a lot BP

You should hire 10 Jugger and rest of the ship are Brute

Both have to have special upgrade!!!

Brute has to have Ahab's Appntice

and Jugger has to have Serpent Slayer ability!!

Otherwise you will not get huge BP.

Also if you are going to kill big fish you also have to have these abilities.

and again

otherwise you will not get BP

BP are earned when jugger's or Brute's special ability is used. You can see it after killing a fish you will see on Brute's or Jugger's picture.

Hope that will help

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sorry, I don't think this is a great crew, or that it makes any difference. :( The rewards are determined by the game, randomly (but it's broken) Look at my BP post in the Exploration bugs subforum. I've always used a 2-3 Brutes OR Juggs (depending on whether i'm hunting fishes or serpents) and a mix of 90%/10% bucs and gunners. Using this, I almost always got the max BP. I've experimented with many different crew makeups, and none had any significantly higher BP payout.

Plus, this crew you posted is incredibly expensive, would take a long time to train, and leaves you with so few pirates on your ship that you're running the risk of being sunk, or at least getting a Dangerous/Suicidal flag.

5. CagdasK35

CagdasK35 Powder Monkey

Dear TEX,
    Thank you very much for this information.
    It was very helpful. I got 700BP + 700EP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tex likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

My fishing technique is still alive and well! I just reeled in another 2,000 BP today. :)
    I have built Academy 7 and both L3 Mystic Mortars. Now I'm saving up for future upgrades.

[​IMG]

Smelly_Vile and Kelani like this.
  7. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Unfortunately I forgot to capture a screenshot as evidence, but I recently obtained 800 BP from defeating a 4-star Royal Navy. That should be a rare occurrence, right?

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

Actually, I've scored 800BP from the 4-star Royal Navy (Top Left Corner) quite a few times. But that's where I fish most the time.

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  9. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

That's interesting to know! :)

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

I usually fish in the top Left of the map; generally my returns are as follows: 4-star Merchant ship = 40-60,000 grog; 4-star Royal Navy = 40-60,00 gold and 4-star Fish = +++ BP; having said that, I do pick up BP (++100's) from the Royal Navy too from time to time. Most raids up in that corner are between 8-12hrs depending if I can take out 1 or 2 of the combatants at a time; so can easily get 2-3 raids a day when on a collecting drive.

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  11. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Man, I'm fishing in the hole. Best that I can remember is 800 BP's. Any chance you remember where those 2K Fish lurk? I'm like you right now, just collecting BP's for the future, but I sure wouldn't mind reeling in a 2K monster. :)

TiGeR

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The same ones you get 700k/800k from can give up to 2k. Just doesn't happen as often as it used to.

locations of all fish are in my BP monsters post in the Strategies subforum

Tiger Claw likes this.
  13. Tex

Tex Commodore

What @Kelani said. I caught him in one of the three locations I posted. Those are the only spots I hit. And yes, the 2k beast is rare. Haven't caught another one since that pic and I fish daily. When I reel in another 2k trophy I will update thread.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

I've been earning gems fairly regularly during my fishing trips.
    This 3.5 hour trip offered 9 gems and 500 BP.

[​IMG]

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

Latest haul. :)

[​IMG]