How to find country leaderboards?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Cap'n Greenbeard, Dec 15, 2015.

1. How do you find out your rank among your country in plunder pirates? I always hear people saying that they are "rank 61 in Norway" or "rank 10 in Australia"

How do you find this info though??

Thanks for the help fellow mateys!!!

2. On your Island screen, down at the bottom left next to the Marketplace button is a Trophy Cup looking button, tap on that and the second tab on the new window is the Country ranking.

3. Armands

Armands Powder Monkey

Is there a way to change country? Somehow i see the list of USA, but I'm living in Latvia!

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmm, curious! The local Leaderboards are determined by IP address, so you should only see a different country to the one you're in if you're using VPNs or proxies to change/hide your location - for example, if you were in the UK and wanted to access the US Netflix because it had the Clone Wars series on. Not that I've ever done that.

If you don't know of any reason why you're locked to US Leaderboard, send an in-game support ticket via the Log > Settings > Help > Support, and we can look into it for you.

5. Armands

Armands Powder Monkey

No, I'm not hidding :) Playing from my Android device thru Wi-fi..

Only guild member from Latvia, who found my guild (Carlglow), said: found me in top guilds or players from Latvia - while by myself I see USA board.
    Also we have a theory, that at registration there was an option to choose country, but I don't remember such option - probably its for Apple devices only?

Anyway, I will fill the ticket, becouse have problems finding guilds or players from Latvia

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

There wasn't an option to change country - however, the leaderboards used to be based on the device's location and language setting. There may be a chance that your device was set to US, and somehow your account details are stuck on that. We'll take a look once we get your ticket. :)

7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Have you solved the issue already?

I don't know, but.... could it be... that because of your device settings you don't find yourself at the right country Leaderboard.

We are a guild in Finland and all members live and play in Finland.

One of us, her android device settings was in English (maybe the UK English). She found herself as a player on the UK Leaderboard. When she changed device settings to finish language, she moved to the finish leaderboard. So simpel in her case.

I have a question? How about if i change my device language settings(iPad) to german or swedish. Do i pop up on those countries leaderboard as a player? Or do i have to be in one of this country's?

A other member was over the weekend in Sweden, language-settings finish and he found himself on the swedish leaderboard. In this case it was the location. But how about the other which only had to change the language on her device???

Bad English, but i hope you understand a little bit ;) what i try to tell. :confused::cool::eek:

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Rule of thumb - Android app uses language settings - Apple app uses IP address (there will be exceptions to the rule - but explains things simply).

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

We're looking into fixing this for Android!

10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Thanks peg. Very nice, so simple ;):)

11. Armands

Armands Powder Monkey

Yeah, I've changed my android devices input language to my native (latvian) and now I see top 200 latvia.. if there is something worth to see of course :) Anyway, thanks for pointing that out!